Older Notes

Does anyone collect the small portrait bills?
I believe that they will only increase in value as the public domain is being flooded with the new currency and the Fed removing the older bills.
I can remember always getting silver or wheat pennies in change. Now they are hard to find even looking for them.
Are the old portrait bills soon to be as rare as the silver and wheats?

I try to save as much older notes as I can. I go for the ones in as good of condition as I can find.

Got lucky earlier this summer with a $100 bundle of $2 bills. They were all 1963, sequential serial numbered and CRISP!

What have you been saving?

Best Wishes,
Scott

Attachments

EPC Guy

TQ Ambassador
I've not given much thought to the small portrait bills - but you're no doubt correct in believing that at some point their value for collectors will increase...

I collect all 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 dollar bills 1995 and older.
I collect all 1 dollar bills 1993 and older.

Most of which I find in change. I am actually only about 3 years into my current collection since, my last was stolen when my house was broken into. :cussing:

pennystock

well that sucks.........i hate thieves.........i hope thats an older photo of yourself or we are in for one cold winter! alos, my sister asked me if i wanted any glassware, i said no but took the box anyways.........going thru it, i found 2 of my bowls and a coffee mug of mine.....so i put in a camera system...........(she lives next to me)...it was beeping one day and i played it back, and her daughter came in and grabbed a ceramic laddle holder off of my stove...since i have a key to her house and she has a key to mine, the next day i went over there and got my ceramic holder back..............stopped by the hardware store on the way to work and changed my locks........a few weeks later she mentioned to me her key doesnt fit anymore.........i never told her i changed the locks but i think she has it all figured out by now!.....i still have a key that fits her house though.......

I agree about thieves. And liars. But I guess they are really both the same.

I'd like to see more auctions here with currency.
I've got some that I'd sell. What do y'all need?

Best,
Scott

PS. Amanda, I'd be guilty of stealing a kiss! :grin:

I agree about thieves. And liars. But I guess they are really both the same.

I'd like to see more auctions here with currency.
I've got some that I'd sell. What do y'all need?

Best,
Scott

PS. Amanda, I'd be guilty of stealing a kiss! :grin:
It's not often that I blush, thank you.

Bobby1949

I really don't collect any paper money but today I got in with some change a $5.00 bill. 1963 United States Note. I haven't seen one of these in long time. Just my first & I'll keep looking for other paper money.