One of those summers

mtbricky

Though the beach season isn't officially over, school is in and weather will soon cool off. The pics show most of this years jewelry finds. I've hunted the water and beach about average 12-14 hours a week since the beginning of June. Jewelry has been plentiful, but against all odds there was no gold. Got a few nice SS/Tungsten/Titanium bands and half a dozen silver pieces (a few of which made it to my wife's jewelry box). Over 30 rings - always fun to pull rings, but what are the odds of no gold? All I can say is I have some good luck coming! Going to Fla in Oct if covid cools down a bit. Hoping for better things!

Attachments

DigsNW

Nice finds even if no gold showed up. I am thinking it is a trend. The younger generation would just as soon wear a rubber ring as gold and it’s cheaper. The older generation is getting older and being more sedentary. Just my thoughts. There is still plenty buried to find out there though I believe.

mtbricky

Nice finds even if no gold showed up. I am thinking it is a trend. The younger generation would just as soon wear a rubber ring as gold and it’s cheaper. The older generation is getting older and being more sedentary. Just my thoughts. There is still plenty buried to find out there though I believe.
I tend to agree. The "clientele" at my beach just aren't losing any gold. But you never know - luck runs in spurts!

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Thanks Sojo. Been digging any?
July and August have been a bust for me due to the weather. It's either been raining or just too hot to detect. I only got out twice in July for a total of about three hours. Today, August 28th, I got out this morning for just under two hours and it was my first time out for August.
I'm looking forward to cooler weather which will be here soon..........I hope.

mtbricky

July and August have been a bust for me due to the weather. It's either been raining or just too hot to detect. I only got out twice in July for a total of about three hours. Today, August 28th, I got out this morning for just under two hours and it was my first time out for August.
I'm with ya buddy. I can't deal with the heat for very long anymore.

draaiorgel

Even without gold that's still a nice pile.
The younger generations are not bothered about wearing gold.
It's quite noticeable over here anyway.

It's mostly priced itself out of the market here for the average Joe.
aww[1].gif
aww[1].gif
aww[1].gif
aww[1].gif
aww[1].gif

DigsNW

bwanaclyde56

I hear you. I only got out a couple times all month. The only good find was a 1918 S Walking Liberty Half

draaiorgel

Glad to see you back Ian. Did you and Eileen have a nice break?
Hi Dave, yes we both had a good time also took our son and daughter in law as well.
146.gif

They voted it a great holiday too.

Unfortunately I've misplaced my camera so no pics available.
146.gif
146.gif
146.gif

DigsNW

Hi Dave, yes we both had a good time also took our son and daughter in law as well. View attachment 105314

View attachment 105314 View attachment 105314 View attachment 105314

Hi Dave, yes we both had a good time also took our son and daughter in law as well. View attachment 105314

View attachment 105314 View attachment 105314 View attachment 105314
Oh no, not the camera. I hope it shows up.
On the other hand I am glad you enjoyed family and a good holiday.