Packin up

Rob1960

Planning to take a trip back to the old homeplace this weekend and will be taking a detector with me. Wondering if we have any TQers in extreme southern Illinois that would like to get together for a hunt on Saturday or Sunday. Have several old homesites no one to my knowledge has ever detected on. PM me if interested.

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
Cairo is about 2 hours north of me and I totally hate those two bridges where the 2 rivers meet. I hate all bridges but those are the worst I've ever been on.

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
When I went through there on my way to Temperance MI I think I crossed about 5 bridges. They had the KY bridge closed down at the time and I cross the Mississippi at night. That was the worst experience I had ever has. The bridge was under construction and it was only a narrow (well narrow to me ) 2 lane bridge. I think the steering wheel of the truck we rented still has my hand prints in the cover.

Rob1960

When I went through there on my way to Temperance MI I think I crossed about 5 bridges. They had the KY bridge closed down at the time and I cross the Mississippi at night. That was the worst experience I had ever has. The bridge was under construction and it was only a narrow (well narrow to me ) 2 lane bridge. I think the steering wheel of the truck we rented still has my hand prints in the cover.
Was this before the I-57 bridge? That's been there a long time. Try the rt. 45 bridge at Paducah. You can actually see throught the decking.

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
This was 3 years ago. A barge had hit/bumped the bridge going across the Ohio into KY and they closed it for repairs. There was a long detour and a lot of complaints. The bridge I went over was going across the Mississippi and if I looked down I probably could see through the decking.

cupajo

Planning to take a trip back to the old homeplace this weekend and will be taking a detector with me. Wondering if we have any TQers in extreme southern Illinois that would like to get together for a hunt on Saturday or Sunday. Have several old homesites no one to my knowledge has ever detected on. PM me if interested.
Wish you Luck!