Pays to be a pirate!

mtbricky

Got to a new beach today. It was mid-morning and only a couple people were there and a guy on a tractor raking the beach. Within a few minutes the worker on the tractor came over to me and said I was not allowed in the water with my detector - only on the dry sand part of the beach. This beach is part of a state park system and I was pretty sure he was wrong about this. I have hunted these beach 100 times. Rather than argue I just smiled and headed down the beach and in a few minutes I headed into the water. I saw him get on his phone and call for reinforcements. I ignored him and eventually he left and I didn't hear any more. I left with a 14K ring! Arrgghh!!

Attachments

KRose

I believe the fella on the tractor knew better than to mess with Barnacle Bricky the Pirate of the Golden Rings. He probably fled the area on his tractor once he realized who you were for fear of being made to walk the plank......on his tractor.

DigsNW

And a lady had a Safire and diamond ring a jeweler told her was costume jewelry and wouldn’t appraise for her. Took it to Antiques Road Show to find it was worth a lot of thousands of dollars. I hope you have a good jeweler bricky.

mtbricky

I trust this jeweler - I take things to him all the time. He wasn't looking to buy so I don't think he would intentionally deceive me. He is really good at ID'ing stuff. All that said I will probably get a second opinion anyway. Anyone can make a mistake.

DigsNW

I trust this jeweler - I take things to him all the time. He wasn't looking to buy so I don't think he would intentionally deceive me. He is really good at ID'ing stuff. All that said I will probably get a second opinion anyway. Anyone can make a mistake.
I really wasn’t implying that although it sounded like it. I was just giving an example of what could go wrong. I almost changed my original post to clarify. There are plenty good jewelers out there that are honest as the day is long. I am glad you have a good one, makes things better.

mtbricky

I really wasn’t implying that although it sounded like it. I was just giving an example of what could go wrong. I almost changed my original post to clarify. There are plenty good jewelers out there that are honest as the day is long. I am glad you have a good one, makes things better.
No worries my friend - no offense taken!