PC Stuff California/Illinois Style

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
I just read an article in the New York Post about the city of Berkeley, California's new municipal code terminology. So that no one is offended, all references to words that are gender specific are going to be changed effective October 1st. I'm not making this up......
The term "manhole cover" will now be worded as "Maintenance Hole Cover". Manpower will become "Human effort". Items previously described as being "man made" will now be referred to as "Machine made". Fireman, policeman, bondsman, and repairman will no longer be used but will be replaced by "Firefighter, police Officer, Bonds people, and "Repairer". The pronouns HE, SHE, HIM, and HER,
will now be replaced with THEY or THEM.
And in another article it was stated that the Illinois State Fair has cancelled the performance of a music group that was contracted to play at the fair because they go by the name " Confederate Railroad". Obviously, the name was acceptable when the contract was signed but apparently some goofball(s) complained so the fair committee knuckled under.

KRose

I have a Name Change for these idiots that come up with this stuff. The new name effective immediately will be known as A__ __ H__ __ __ __. This is a family forum and this is the clean version, but y'all get it. The sad thing is that I believe it. This is sadly the society in which we've become. So much Nonsense. How about instead of coming up with name changes as to not offend those who have brittle feelings, that we try to come up with ways to decrease violent crime in our country and make our streets safer for women and children and law abiding citizens in general, and I'm not talking about taking away our weapons.

Rob1960

I just read an article in the New York Post about the city of Berkeley, California's new municipal code terminology. So that no one is offended, all references to words that are gender specific are going to be changed effective October 1st. I'm not making this up......
The term "manhole cover" will now be worded as "Maintenance Hole Cover". Manpower will become "Human effort". Items previously described as being "man made" will now be referred to as "Machine made". Fireman, policeman, bondsman, and repairman will no longer be used but will be replaced by "Firefighter, police Officer, Bonds people, and "Repairer". The pronouns HE, SHE, HIM, and HER,
will now be replaced with THEY or THEM.
And in another article it was stated that the Illinois State Fair has cancelled the performance of a music group that was contracted to play at the fair because they go by the name " Confederate Railroad". Obviously, the name was acceptable when the contract was signed but apparently some goofball(s) complained so the fair committee knuckled under.
A little correction needed. It was actually the Du Quoin state fair, located in Illinois. This was a very large privately run fair that hosted one of the premier harness races of that sport. Some years back the fair went belly up and was taken over by the state under the Dept of Agriculture leadership. I’m not sure the name of the band actually offended anyone(probably did) but when someone actually noticed that the bands emblem is a steam train embossed upon the confederate battle flag they couldn’t stand for that. Silver lining though, a local business, I think a Harley dealer, offered his parking lot for the show which I believe the band accepted.