Question about what coil for the Vaquero

John28

I was just wondering about the coils,
I know the difference,but I don't know if my stock coil is fine since I run all metal most of the time anyway.
Would a different coil be better in all metal mode
I've dug up lots of things at 12+ inches with the stock coil,that seems sufficient.

HungryGhost

I think the stock coil is all you need for all metal mode. It sounds like you're getting plenty of depth! That's the one I use 99% of the time. The other coil I use is the 5.75" coil for hunting heavy trash areas and tot lots.

EBCIII

The 5.75 is a sweet coil for trashy areas, and in tot lots. Allows you to get closer to objects. I give you credit for running the V in all mettal. I never could handle it, Beale.

If you use the concentric 5.75 coil vs the wide scan, you pick up an inch in depth. However, I think the wide scan coil will give better separation in iron.. Going to make a test board and do a comparison:smile:.

I was just wondering about the coils,
I know the difference,but I don't know if my stock coil is fine since I run all metal most of the time anyway.
Would a different coil be better in all metal mode
I've dug up lots of things at 12+ inches with the stock coil,that seems sufficient.
i have the 5.75 concentric coil on my vaquero full time its a great little coil in the trash

I use the 5.75 widescan for the same reasons Beale said. It's seems much more versatile than the stock coil and only an inch or so less depth. In all metal mode, the smaller or fainter targets tend to be much louder than with the stock 9x8 coil. After comparing the 2 coils back to back, I use the 5.75 full time now.