radio shack 3015/Land Star?

M

mlamp20412

I got a radio shack 3015 used to hold me over while my SS II is being repaired I believe it is the same machine as the Land Star. It is probably 4-6 years old. I am having problems tuning it. I have the disc and sensitivity turned to 12 o’clock and it is still really squirrelly. I am getting dime to quarter readings from rusted nails, probably from the haloing in the ground as they don’t register with an air test.

Anyone have this model that can give advice? I am beginning to think the machine is fried.

Thnx

M

mlamp20412

TonyinCT,
You figure this particular machine has past its useful life expectancy? I figure if it is older circuitry, it may be having a problem with the mineralized soil and multiple targets.

Maybe the nugget coil would help? I was thinking of getting one for my BH SS II if it comes back all better.

Also ifyou look in the manual for the land star(I downloaded online) it says to start off with the disc in the 2/3 o'clock range. I use the land star as a backup to my CZ5. The land star is easy to use but I find more things, especially nickles with the CZ5