shallow finds on 350 only?

hickorycreek

my 350 garett is a beast on very shallow finds being 0-2 1/2 3 inches max , I mainly find a lot of clad , I never ever get hits below 3 inches , I feel like im missing the next layer down 4-8 inches where the silver is. any feedback would be great . The 350 comes with the double D coil , wonder if that's the way the 350 is, and need to upgrade?

against the wind

While hunting up in Hamilton County N.Y, with Bob, the owner of the hotel I was staying at, I noticed he had an "Excellerator " coil. It is a 14 " coil made for the 250 / 350 by Garrett. I was tempted to buy it but the Jack is different for the AT PRO. A larger coil is one option that many detectorists use for getting more depth but the ACE 350 should go beyond 6 to 8 inches depending on size of target. Go over the instructions on depth settings and machine functions. I know that Garrett makes an excellent product and provides even better service,, so don't be afraid to reach out to them with a few questions.:cool:

whitewill_1

i have an f2 but i dont have a dd and i disc out iron and zinc do you think no disc could help me get the deeper coins?
It might. I haven't used the eight inch in a while. Dig some targets that are giving bouncy signals and see what they are. Every old penny I have found lately was a bouncy signal. The bullets I found the other day were too.

draaiorgel

my 350 garett is a beast on very shallow finds being 0-2 1/2 3 inches max , I mainly find a lot of clad , I never ever get hits below 3 inches , I feel like im missing the next layer down 4-8 inches where the silver is. any feedback would be great . The 350 comes with the double D coil , wonder if that's the way the 350 is, and need to upgrade?
Try huntin' in all metal, that should improve things.
big happy.gif

DBG

I personally have found clad Quarters @ 12 to 13"
"With the Ace 350 I Own",
But there were three off them in a pocket spill.
I always hunted in coin mode.
If your looking for the older deeper coins you need to sloooow down
And dig any signal that MIGHT be a good signal.
The reason for this is the deeper coins
Have a lot better chance of being MASKED
;)

Rob1960

Talk to Garrett about this. My 150 has no problem picking up pennies and dimes at 6" only running 2 or 3 bars on sensitivity. I recently put on a 5x8DD and have not noticed any difference as far as depth goes. If any thing it's telling me the targets are deeper than they actually are.

DBG

I know I'm gonna get Bashed for posting this But here goes anyhow,
Sensitivity Settings
ONLY Magnifies or Diminishes the signal heard.
The signal is always there, (built into the Circuitry).

The reason you turn it up or down is to eliminate the tiny objects you don't want to here.
Now before ya go off on me ,
THINK ABOUT IT.
LOL
:eek:o_O:);):D