Something new that every water hunter should have the Scuba Tector

Discussion in 'Beach/Water/Underwater Metal Detecting' started by Orosurf, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Orosurf

Orosurf Well-Known Member

Professional Treasure Hunter
    Just wanted to let you all know about a fantastic new product. The Quest Scuba Tector. I was fortunate enough to have been gifted one of these and the Quest Q40 by Quest metal detectors (South Africa). However , don't think that just because I was given it , that's why I am promoting it. The Scuba Tector is based on the Quest pinpointer but it has a 4 inch coil. It is totally waterproof to 60 m. It signals finds with a flashing LED , sound and vibration. It also has 4 levels of sensitivity. It has lithium batteries which last absolutely ages (mine hasn't gone flat yet). You might all be thinking that this sounds like the Vibra-tector, well it is similar with one HUGE difference, detection depth is over twice as deep as the Vibra tector. It will pick up a coin at 4-5 inches and larger targets even deeper. I have been using it exclusively since it arrived as my Excal has been broken, so far I've found hundreds of coins and 2 pieces of silver including a beautiful silver cross and chain weighing 33.5g. .I absolutely love this little machine and it is fantastic value for money at only around $140-160 ! It is so small and light it can easily fit in your luggage . Perfect for snorkeling and diving. Some of you will see the finds I made with it on my FB page. Anyway I wanted to let you all know about this amazing little detector, there are loads of videos on Youtube about it so check it out . If you buy one you wont regret it. I get no remuneration from promoting this product and I don't sell them . It is just great ! #scubatector #questmetaldetectors. Thanks for reading ....

bdahunter, DigsNW, mtbricky and 2 others like this.
  2. against the wind

against the wind Well-Known Member

"Lost Treasure Detective"
    Thanks for the review Surfman.
    Nice to see your post.
    A few pictures are always nice.

Orosurf, mtbricky and KRose like this.
  3. backwater52

backwater52 Active Member

construction
    here's the Specifications:

Depth - Submersible to 200 feet / 60 meter
    Coil - 5″x4″ / 13x10cm mono
    Length - 16.5″ / 42cm
    Weight - 400g / 14 oz with battery
    Thickness - Max 3.8cm
    Battery - Built in 3.7V 500mAh Li-Poly Battery
    Working Method - Pulse induction
    Operating Frequency - 95 kHz
    Tuning - Automatic or manually (retune)
    Indicators - Audio / Vibration / LED LED Light Response will be intensify when probe nears a metal object.
    Controls - Power switch (On / Off) Mode control LED flashlight (Once power on)

Orosurf and mtbricky like this.
  4. DigsNW

DigsNW Well-Known Member

Retired!
    May be the answer to salt water beach hunts without having to fork over the farm. Thanks for the review. Some of us hobbist can't afford the high end machines. I could never justify buying an X-Caliber or a Dues. This may be a good alternative though.

Orosurf likes this.
  5. Orosurf

Orosurf Well-Known Member

Professional Treasure Hunter