Spirit Encounters While Digging Treasure?

My name is Calvin and here is my story, which is why I am asking about this. I hope Bert-Bert or one of you experience Treasure Hunters out there will be able to help me with this.

I believe I have encountered spirits on treasure sites, hearing noises, breaking branches, after progging the ground several times fog came out the ground and in some cases moving the treasure underground. In all cases, the weather was perfect as in no wind, no rain, no overcast, no gas lines and everything should be perfect. So the weather was not the source of any of these nor was there any lines of gas or other sources, they all appear to be of unnatural origin. I believe there was a presence of a spirit, so how do you protect yourself and possibly communicate with the spirits?

NOTE: : : Just to clairify, I relize what a dirt cloud is and fog, it was definately a white mist similar to a gaseous form, not dirt. As for animals in the trees, this part of the country does not have animals that can do that, birds at best here, but not monkeys are such to break large branches.

Thank you for your help,
Calvin

I did see a few replys that made sence, I do think that asking for permision would be the right choice, Just as you do to say find keys to a living person if it appears to be "protected". It seems that the same would apply. I am going Thursday, hopefully I wont encounter such things, but hopefully we will find something. Thanks everyone for you help!

bdahunter

TQ's Master Pirate
Assuming you are up against an actual ghost/spirit then you should get someone experienced in such matters to assist you. Contrary to popular belief this is not something you want to mess with if you don't know what you are doing. There is no handbook or Ghosts for Dummies book that is going to be of assistance if this is the real deal.

Safety First,

myfantasia

What do you mean moving the treasure? Welcome. and be careful. There are ways to protect yourself. But you have to know what you are up against. Don't take chances.:shock:

bdahunter

TQ's Master Pirate
:icon_confHere in america we have a animal that roam the tree tops and occasionly break a branch or 2 so dont be scared just alarmed because they are known to be very mean to metal detectorist.And what you beleive is smoke comming from the ground is actualy dirt cloud.Pick up a handfull of dirt and throw it in the air and it wil look like smoke,No reason to call ghost busters just yet!:doh:
For those who have never had the misfortune to wind up on the business end of a nasty ghost/spirit, that's a very reasonable response.:peek: Just because someone hasn't experienced something personally doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Cheers,

kennyui

Carry some holy water and frankincense.......IT must be a Catholic thing....

Personally, I have never encountered any but even though I do know they exist I am truly not worried about any of them.....I really dont care if they try to communicate with me or try to harm me at all.....But this is just me....
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Thrasher

carry a handheld fan and when the fog grabs at your treasure again you can try and blow it away. If it works, grab your treasure and hightail it out of there. or if that don't work, then just stop digging in graveyards. where in the heck are you digging anyway ? and this has happened more than once ? :alcoholic

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
I have never seen or encountered a spirit or Guardian of the treasure but IF I ever do the first thing I would to is
Tell the Guardian that I mean no harm,
next I would ask permission to take the treasure/artifact from the ground,
If the answer is no I would leave it where it is undisturbed.

Some spirits can protect what they guard very fiercely and bad dreams may be the least of your worries.

Someone else on here removed an artifact that they weren't meant to have and had all sorts of trouble, when the artifact was returned the trouble reversed.

Even though they may no longer be a living, breathing person, its always nice to ask permission.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Mikey

TQ's Underwater Pirate
I will not question what you saw or experienced... i was not there then. How would i have reacted if i was there? Can't say.. everyone has there own take and feel on something that happens.If things feel wrong.. they usually are.Your sense of when to leave should never be ignored. As for "protection " thats a subject beyond posting in here. I'll just leave you with, "If your gut tells you split.. then split. " Mikey:bthumb:

Howey01

Well I have heard of people seeing unexplained things It is possible for spirits to inhabit places usualy where tragic deaths have occured so be careful spirits you can't fight. Howard

schoser

I for one will say that some things are better left untouched. Once, i found an oddfellows sword hasp. A very cool old relic. After i got it home...in a few days my luck seemed to desert me. Lost my job, my girl, a nice place i was renting, and almost my mind. (well, maybe that was already gone by then,lol. :icon_roll) Things just would not get better for me. I always thought that maybe it COULD have something to do with digging this thing up and taking it. I figured if putting it back could help at all then why not...things couldn't have gotten MUCH worse, although im sure they could have. At any rate, i decided to put that thing back EXACTLY where i found it, and apologize to the guardian or WHATEVER for removing it from it's resting place. After burying it back, i was walking up this ravine and thinking to myself i wish i could find something else , like a coin or button, as a sign from who or whatever ,that i did the right thing. Only 5 minutes later i looked down at the ground and there it was....a general services army button, just laying there on top the ground. I'd been all over that spot a few times and never found a darn thing. Also that very same day later on i got hired onto a really good masonry crew, so now i have a full time job once again. My ex and i are getting along pretty well although getting back together will take more than this to bring us back like we once were. (MAJOR sucking up on my part :icon_roll) I have my own place, which isn't in the best part of town, but it's a place for now. SO...you could say it was a fluke...but i tend to think some things are still coveted by the people passed on who once possesed them, and i would rather let it lay then to have some pissed off spirit after my arse again for removing it and claiming it as MINE. True story, dont give two deuces what anyone thinks!

Do you own a bong??? :lol::lol::lol:
That would at the very least explain a few things :lol: .... JUST KIDDING! But come on, moving treasure? Could you elaborate more on how you knew that the treasure was moved? I personally do not believe in ghost or anything of the sorts. So my advise to you sir, is to go back and claim all that treasure before someone else does!! Good Luck!

BV

indeep

UGA BOUGA...I WOULD GO BACK THERE AT LEAST ONE MORE TIME...BUT NOT ALONE:yikes::eek:AND PERHAPS WITH:rocketwhoAND SOME :duel:AND FOR EXTRA PROTECTION...A CLEAN SET OF UNDERWEAR:laugh:

I was out the other day at a old Farm house and I experienced the same cloud deal. My cloud was not white it was hazy and green and smelled of ham and beans. Then I remembered that was what I had for lunch and the force I was exerting to dig the item out of the ground released the foul beast.

I am sorry I could not resist. My wife watches those ghost shows all of the time and I make fun of her.

Digging Fool

Well....This is an old thread, and the author had 3 posts, so he may have gone back and something may have gotten him. I hope not, but.....:confused::smile: