steal wool ?

drewan

I have a Bunker hill pickel bottle you can't really see it but I tried cleaning it with hot soapy water but the more I clean it the more it likes like soap scum on the bottle should I use fine steal wool on it read some where on a bottle collecting forum that you could but I'm unsure if they were talking about 00 steal wool. Here is a pic.
Thanks in advance
drewan

Attachments

rip

I'm thinking the 00 steel wool will work.Ask Mr silver he does alot of bottle digging and I've seen some that he has cleaned up that came out realy well.

drewan

I'm thinking the 00 steel wool will work.Ask Mr silver he does alot of bottle digging and I've seen some that he has cleaned up that came out realy well.
Thanks rip,
I was thinking the 00 sw isn't this what is used for glass anyway? I thought I read this a while back can't remember what I was reading about though LOL.
drewan

rip

Thanks rip,
I was thinking the 00 sw isn't this what is used for glass anyway? I thought I read this a while back can't remember what I was reading about though LOL.
drewan
Ive used it like Earl said to clean my car windows and it worked fine.I know what your talking about with the film that gets on old bottles but I've never tryed steel wool on any.For the insides I used to use metal shavings with soap and water and shake it to clean the insides....I dont know how you could get the insides clean if the film was on the inside though.

drewan

Ive used it like Earl said to clean my car windows and it worked fine.I know what your talking about with the film that gets on old bottles but I've never tryed steel wool on any.For the insides I used to use metal shavings with soap and water and shake it to clean the insides....I dont know how you could get the insides clean if the film was on the inside though.
I was going to try copper BB's the type you use in a pellet gun for that because it's there too.
Thank rip,
drewan

DigsNW

We are trying a new to us product this week when we get it called Bio Green. No chemicals and can be used for cleaning, laundry, dishwasher and stuff. Our neighbors love it so we are going to try it. Not sure how it works yet though. Have to buy it online and it is spendy.

drewan

We are trying a new to us product this week when we get it called Bio Green. No chemicals and can be used for cleaning, laundry, dishwasher and stuff. Our neighbors love it so we are going to try it. Not sure how it works yet though. Have to buy it online and it is spendy.
Let me know how it works I have tried a cleaning agent called AWESOME you can get it from the Family dollar it did some cleaning but:err:.