Still Learning

The Ace-350 that is. I got a fantastic Father's Day gift of the Ace Pro-Pointer which is FANTASTIC! I no longer dig, get up and scan, dig some more, get up and scan. I am diggin and then quickly sticking the pointer into the hole or the portion I am digging up! What a difference as this is new to me as had an older Garrett about 5 years ago and with the pointer it makes is quicker and more fun! BTW, as I am in North Texas and we have had 100 degrees for it seems like the past month and digging here is terrible!

Highly recommend the Pro-Pointer but am no expert! Anyone else love this things?

Jim

Megagold

I believe the Ace 350 is more suited for beach hunting, but still reading on it. It comes with the double d coil which is great for discriminating out the iron on the beaches. I want to buy my mom one when she comes to visit. They are on sale right now at Kellyco. I think I'll call them and see if I should get her the 150, 250 or the 350. They sure are light weight. Good luck on your decision. :)

I believe the Ace 350 is more suited for beach hunting, but still reading on it. It comes with the double d coil which is great for discriminating out the iron on the beaches. I want to buy my mom one when she comes to visit. They are on sale right now at Kellyco. I think I'll call them and see if I should get her the 150, 250 or the 350. They sure are light weight. Good luck on your decision. :)
If your budget allows,,, don't overlook the Garrett AT PRO. It is said to be like the ACE 250 and ACE 350 on Steroids. It is an All Terrain machine and eliminates the fear of getting your machine wet.

sandtrout

I'm also on a fixed income (retired 5 years ago) so I've adjusted to a smaller living account. My ACE 250 has paid for...1. Garrett Propointer 2. Garrett sniper coil 3. headphones 4. a Tesoro Vaquero and...the VAC has paid for a 2nd Garrett Propointer. I save up what I find and put coins in rolls then off to the bank. I have enough for an AT Pro but so far the ACE 250 is still meeting all my "park hunting" needs and the VAC meets all my old house, ranch, and farm needs. The ACE is mostly set up in 2 different cherry picking modes and the VAC is set up super tuned and NO discrimination for deep digging. Your 350 will be pretty good right out of the box but NOTHING like it's going to be after you learn it!!

Doc dog

i have been thinking of getting another detector my question is what is the difference between a ace 250 and a ace 350 ? just curious coz i have heard great things out of the 250 and just curious as to if the 350 is just as good or better ?
If your thinking about the 350 take another step up and get the ATPro also made by Garrett ,you'll be happy ya did :),,,life just wouldn't be the same with out my pro pointer :)