Stupid 350 will not assemble

CallBob

Just got the ace 350 an hour ago and it will not assemble properly ...the upper/lower section came assembled just fine , but , it will NOT go onto the "S" section as stated in the instructions . Yes we tried pushing hard and hitting it with a very large sledge hammer .. ;) .. also tried reversing the assembly of the center section.. no luck . Called the selling company and they claim they never heard of such a thing ..to which i replied ..yes you have ..! No help from them ..
Any other people have this ...need to call garrett on monday if we can't get it to go together . Why me ?

DBG

Didn't have any problems with mine &
haven't heard of anyone else with this problem.
But it's made by humans and they're not perfect.
But I Guarantee Garrett will make it RIGHT
;)

Pretty sure its a simple fix. It is a delicate instrument, so would not continue putting things together with a sledge lol. I have made a few shafts experimenting on different materials, and will tell you the manufacture specs are usually the best for your machine. A machine or tight fit is probably done on purpose so your unit will not shake and give false signals. May take a little encouragement or lubricant. Is it possible there is someone there close to you that has one and could come help? Good luck.

pennystock

Just got the ace 350 an hour ago and it will not assemble properly ...the upper/lower section came assembled just fine , but , it will NOT go onto the "S" section as stated in the instructions . Yes we tried pushing hard and hitting it with a very large sledge hammer .. ;) .. also tried reversing the assembly of the center section.. no luck . Called the selling company and they claim they never heard of such a thing ..to which i replied ..yes you have ..! No help from them ..
Any other people have this ...need to call garrett on monday if we can't get it to go together . Why me ?
try you tube and see if they have a video.....google a video of it........something is not right...(shaft combo)....look and see if there is an object in there.........

CallBob

Looks like they applied an extra coat of paint at the factory because when we took sandpaper to the shaft and took the end of it down to almost bare metal ..Tah-Dah ! So now we have a cure for that little hitch .... Just gotta coat the bare metal with something now .
Bob

against the wind

Sorry you had problems with the assembly,,,, just got my AT PRO and it went together and came apart and went together again without a hitch,, Thanks be to the big guy upstairs,,HH :confused: