Teknetics T2 and gold?

HungryGhost

I've been using the T2 for five months - great machine, a real silver magnet. I find nickels, foil, and pull tabs, but so far no gold. Do any users have advice?

PS - I've only found one piece of gold ever and that was with a Tesoro Vaquero.

DBG

I'm pretty sure if ya get the coil over the Gold
it will sound off.
Gold is That "ya gotta dig it all" Metal.;)

HungryGhost

I have been using the T-2 since Feb. I have found 1 gold ring with it so far . It gave me a steady 76 .
Yikes! :eek::confused::oops: I air tested some gold at home and I was getting 50-52. I've been ignoring most signals in the upper 70's after a while because most of the time they were zinc pennies. I'm going to have to dig everything until I learn more. Thanks a bunch.:) What karat gold was the ring?

Echostar61

Yikes! :eek::confused::oops: I air tested some gold at home and I was getting 50-52. I've been ignoring most signals in the upper 70's after a while because most of the time they were zinc pennies. I'm going to have to dig everything until I learn more. Thanks a bunch.:) What karat gold was the ring?
Same here , I air tested too ...14k was reading in at 67-68 & 10k was reading in at 59-61 . The ring I found was about 5" down ( big chunky 1ok class ring)

Viddy

don't ignore what gold also comes up as.... ignore pulltabs and foil and you ignore some good stuff that someone else will find.... it's all a give-n-take

Tomcat Uk

Best way to find gold is to ignore the meter and dig all the 2+ high pitch tones not one gold coin is exactly the same as the next so the reading will change depending on the purity of the gold in the object, the pure gold will read around 43 gold mixed with other metals will read higher so ignore the meter and dig...
TC

HungryGhost

Best way to find gold is to ignore the meter and dig all the 2+ high pitch tones not one gold coin is exactly the same as the next so the reading will change depending on the purity of the gold in the object, the pure gold will read around 43 gold mixed with other metals will read higher so ignore the meter and dig...
TC
Is there an advantage to running it on 2+ tones? I've been running mine on 3 tones. Thanks!

Tomcat Uk

HungryGhost,
Well I find 2+ easier on the ears and simpler to understand, a high pitch I dig a grunt I leave! More tones is just a bit confusing. But if you want an advantage in depth put the Discrimination on 4 Sensitivity on 85 and tones 2+ or to taste lol

draaiorgel

I much prefer the 2 tones on my F70 and my disc is nearly always on 4 sens 60-65.
Although I like using all metal as well.
I especially like being able to switch from one mode to the other with one single button press.
Handy for checking targets.
158.gif

pennystock

what Tk just said, i never run mine in 3 tones...the high pitched silver drives me up a wall.......i run 2+ every hunt no matter where...if it beeps both ways, im on it.....