thats strange??

dogpound

today i was doing a bench test and for some strange reason all dimes(old silver and new clad) keep coming up as a penny, everything else registered where it was sopposed to, nickles,quarters,halves. the only thing that would make the machine sound off as a dime was a half cent. this GTI 1500 is only a month old and am wondering if i should send it back to have recalibrated or just live with all my dime hits coming up as a penny. the sizing image is right on for all coins. has anyone else had any type of problem like this? :confused:

I own a 1500 too.

My 1500 ids copper pennies and dimes in the same category also. The zincers come in lower so I don't mind digging the copper cause thats where the wheaties come in along with a lot of silver dimes. I've had quite a few clad quarters id as a penny until I got dead center over the target. I guess it just one of the quirks of the Garrett Gti series..

dogpound

the newer pennies come up on mine a notch or two below the penny mark sometimes, nickels and quarters are right on. everynow and then the dime will come up a dime but most of the time they fall under the penny notch. its just strange how my older gta 1000 was dead on when it came to marking coins. i lowered the sensitivity down to 7 on the GTI and that seems to give a better reading. the size imaging is great and really has me spoiled. alot of times if a buddy is using my gta he'll have me come over and double check his target