The cold

hoser

This will be for those who live in the great white north, or hunt when it's real cold. Few weeks ago when the wife and I went hunting right after the last thaw we had our ProPointers started acting up. I would turn it on and make one sweep to find the target and it would go bonkers. Sounded like a police siren till I turned it off and back on, and then it would do it again. I changed to new batteries, still did it. I haven't had the chance to go out again. I was just wondering if any of ya'll had this happen.

DigsNW

I changed to new batteries, still did it. I haven't had the chance to go out again. I was just wondering if any of ya'll had this happen.
I know you checked to see if the "New" batteries were good so I won't ask. Reason for this is that I just went through that with a remote. Batteries went dead, I put new ones in and still nothing. Grabbed another battery out of the same box and viola, it worked. I checked the rest with a meter and two more in that box were bad. Never ran across that again.
Then again the cold in the frozen north could be the only culprit. I hope you get it ironed out.
At least your ETrac has the Vibraprobe on it.

hoser

Thanks for all the responses guys. With any luck the cold won't be in the equation much longer.;);)
Digs, I too have ran into that same problem with bad cells right out of the box, so yes, I do check to see if they are good. I too have found a bad one or two.o_O:cautious: Twenty seconds with a small battery tester can save you a lot of headaches away from home.;)(y)