The MXT is here!

Well, I got the MXT yesterday. Thanks to the instructional videos and the tremendous advice on use that is available on this forum, I was able to figure out basic operation quickly. I was able to use it just a bit yesterday afternoon. I love the way it sounds. I found a quarter and a nickle already (it should pay for itself soon, ha). It does have a funny balance to it that makes me strain my arm. I think I need to tinker with length to see if it helps. My headphones will be here next week too.

I hope to find some time in the next couple of weeks to go somewhere and really give it a go.

Thanks to all for your advice!

anne

Congrats on the MXT,go out there and have fun.
Some detectors can be a bit of balance but generally as you have said it is probably down to the length you have your stem,I find the longer you can have it the better.

EBCIII

Well a big congrats on the MXT! It is a very good machine and I am sure you will be happy with it, Beale.

icewater

TQ Hunt Token King
Congrats of the detector and the finds. I first found 2 pennies. I use the MXT also I did find what you said about the balance to be true. I have it at it's longest length I'm 5' 11" and the arm cup as far out as it would go. I found adjusting the arm cup gave it better balance than adjusting the rod length. Now you can go find your share of the treasure buried out there. For a quick satifaction hit a tot lot and pick up some clad. Ice

Ok, my elbow is very sore. I will definitely adjust the stem and the cup. I found a couple of more pennies and some other items. I am learning the machine. I am mostly getting used to the pinpointing as it is a little harder than it was with my Prism. The larger coil is thowing me a bit. I have learned to dig a little farther away from me than I first think.

I have had a couple of disappering items that started over 8 inches deep. I just need practice.

icewater

TQ Hunt Token King
Sometimes the MXT will see a piece of Iron and give it a 1 c or 10 c and when you go back it's gone. I find that most of the time it is Iron. Reground balance turn the disc down and go over the area again and you may see it's iron. Ice