the new coinmaster

bootybay

Does anyone have the almost new coinmaster for under 200.00.. am curious on how it compares to the ace 250.. any feedback would be appreciated..

I have heard... not sure if its true thats its just like the prizm 3... so if anyones got it..post your comments would love to see em..

Buster

King of Spam
Staff member
I have heard it is to be a good machine..we will see..remember if it is made by Whites..it has to be good...Chuck....:smile:

bootybay

I'd like to hear some comparison between the ace 250 and the coinmaster.. anyone out there have one? I know the price is right.

Coinmaster

I purchased on of these for my son as a Christmas gift. He is nine years old and just getting into the hobby as I am. I have a local Whites dealer about 2 miles from me and he suggested this unit over the ace, which he has in his shop. We did some side by side comparisons in his backyard. Not knowing that much about the units or that much about MD in general I followed his advise. It is pretty cold here in central Illinois so we haven't had much opportunity to use it. We did get out one day on a sledding hill and found a couple of dollars in coins. It seems to find some junk as well.

I tried it on some property we own. There was an old house here and I had it torn down. It had been around for about 120 years. We get many iron hits all around the old foundation. the ground is still hard to dig so we haven't done to much digging. I purchased an M6 several days ago, and we have used it on the same site. I am getting some nice hits with it and then following up with the coinmaster. I seems to find the same targets that I found with the M6.

In all for the price I paid and what limited time I have had with it, my son and I like it.

RNSpeed

I was looking at the Whites website and looks interesting, better yet the price is very affordable. Looks that we have a good detector here for the price. :bthumb:

Calg

My understanding it is the same as a prizm 3 with out the arm strap. This unit will be able use the same coils as all the prizm detectors, including the new 4X6 DD prizm shooter. This unit should be a tot lot and sidewalk killer. CG

My understanding it is the same as a prizm 3 with out the arm strap. This unit will be able use the same coils as all the prizm detectors, including the new 4X6 DD prizm shooter. This unit should be a tot lot and sidewalk killer. CG
dang....my whites prizm III was 350! Sounds like an awesome machine. I really like mine..although i will always consider finding a better detector later.

happy hunting

I purchased one of these last month. Hopefully I will have good finds to post this spring when I start using it.

I tested it at home and so far I like it very much. :pcool:

I bought one about a month ago, great little machine. The first coin I found with it was a 37' mercury dime. Its light-weight so easy to swing, its a winner in my opinion.:duel:

I had my wifes coinmaster adjusted on the filters you would not belive the difference it made. im going to make a video on the air test we done. before the air test was normal about 6-7 inches on a quarter now it gets 12inches on a quarter and if you turn the dis off and let it accept iron and foil it will get a buckle I found with my tesoro vaq the buckle is 2.5in across it will air test on the new coinmaster at 18 inches. the adjustment made a very big difference in the $200.00 whites it will run with the big boys now

I will post the air test video soon

thank,
bobbyc