The XP roots them out...

teamroper

Yeah, I know it's been awhile but I just haven't had the time. However, after my buddy from Pennsylvania called and said that his wife was giving him a "send off" vacation down here for us to do whatever we wanted it was game on. The only bad part was that I only had a couple of new places to hunt. The good part is that our ole honeyhole came through in a pinch.

Below is a pic of most of the items we found. In the end my buddy found a man's 1oK gold ring and a fired bullet. I managed to pull out a CW wedding band and a couple bullets on Saturday, only to be floored to find another wedding band on Sunday. The second one was my first target of the day on Sunday. I have been very fortunate to play with my XP Deus on this campsite and to learn how find the really good stuff on areas that have been heavily hunted.

The truly fortunate part of this area is that we've had a lot of rain lately and they have been logging this parcel for the past 6 months. In the process have created some deep ruts in the already beaten roadbed. This is where all the new targets (with the exception of the men's gold ring) have been recovered. Overall it was a banner weekend for both of us. I managed to pull up two wedding bands, a couple bullets and a J-hook and my buddy pulled up a gold ring and a bullet. Oh, and I can't forget my boy. Bryton found his very first coin all by himself this past weekend. It was great, and even though it was only a penny it might as well have been a silver dollar to him. I really can't say enough good things about the XP. Yes, it's not for everyone, but I've learned to like it and it's the only thing I go into the field with nowadays. I also want to thank Buster and Christina for some advice over the phone as I was scrambling to get my machine working properly. Ahh...powerlines will cause your machine to act up on ground balancing.

Tip- The one thing that helped me find the deep targets better than anything else is to turn up the sensitivity. I unit is set up for three programs. A low, medium and high iron programs. I pick the lowest one I can tolerate and bump the sensitivity up to 93-94. This is all you need to do to get a signal at 5 inches to 6 or 7 inches, but you really have to listen to the tones. Hope this helps someone. Lol. Have a great day!!
CW Ring.jpg
014.JPG
012.JPG
010.JPG
009.JPG
008.JPG

mtbricky

Great hunt! I share your thoughts on the Deus. It would be a good detector for a youngster being so light and easily adjustable. I also hear you on the sensitivity settings. It will really bring deeper targets into range once you get used to it. Thanks to Windman for helping me with these settings.