thinking on bringing the Tracker back to life

That's right!

for the last months I've been using my MXT but I think the simplicity and low-weight of the Tracker can be a plus for occasional hunts at low-littered areas, the beach for example, I did some beaches the last summer with it and I've got a lot of clad. I put it on a web page to sale it some weeks ago, but better I don't do it for now. Maybe Im going to have more luck with it now that I have a little more experience detecting.

Im planning to do a mod on it, put the control box bellow the pole (Lobo style) I think that way is easier to store it

I'm a tracker user again! :grin:

CANI

That's funny because after reading a post the other day i took a look at my tracker( just sitting all lonely in the corner) and was thinking about doing the same thing to it. I know she's still a great machine!!

Heck why not? Sometimes simple is better, Beale.
yes, I love my MXT and this is hard to beat, but sometimes I like things to be simpler, maybe someday I'll try a Tesoro

That's funny because after reading a post the other day i took a look at my tracker( just sitting all lonely in the corner) and was thinking about doing the same thing to it. I know she's still a great machine!!

Heheheeh, the same situation over here, that's really funny :lol:

I did some tests this morning with the headphones that Im currently using on my MXT (I used music headphone with the Tracker before) and wow, Im now looking to this machine with other eyes, I can put the volume on the headphones at max and Im now getting about more an inch on air tests, hitting coins and gold rings loud and clear. On low mineralized ground like some beaches this is a great machine. If I could only add a manual GB and a pinpoint...

Im mc gyvering now how to make it easy to carry, I would like to make the control box removable

CANI

I have the second model too!! But i was doing some work(hate that word) for an older couple the other day and saw that he had the first model hanging in his garage.

homefire

The New models don't have GB other then Auto.

I seen a MOD some place that you put a switch and Pot that Gives you Manual or Auto GB.

I'll See if I Can find it.

i still have a hard time figuring out how to discriminate with mine (the latter picture). If its metal, it will find it, but it's hard to tell what is what with it, so i dig everythin....

bootybay

Sometimes the easiest things are the best to use..even in a weight situation.. sides, she produced in the past for ya.. bring the ole gal out and let her shine. :bthumb:

the tracker is ready to action, I did the controlbox removable for easy carry and setup, have to go to the beach to give it a test :smile:

kennyui

I might pull mine out soon too...
I can tell if I have found a coin or a can with mine....IT is hard to explain but it can be done....:wavey:

I can't believe this post! I just put my Walmart version in action this afternoon! I use the tones and I set it this way: I take a nickel in my left hand (making sure I've removed ALL jewelry) and start waving it in front of the coil and adjust the tones from the low position until I just get a pure low tone. At first, there will be a high tone, then a mixed, and finally a pure low tone. It's set PERFECTLY! Now a nickel will give a low tone, a tab a mixed tone (except for the sta-tabs that are in the nickel range), and coins a high tone. What I like about it, any high tone target under trash or under a nickel will STILL give a high tone. I could've been without my other detectors and still been happy.

I can't believe this post! I just put my Walmart version in action this afternoon! I use the tones and I set it this way: I take a nickel in my left hand (making sure I've removed ALL jewelry) and start waving it in front of the coil and adjust the tones from the low position until I just get a pure low tone. At first, there will be a high tone, then a mixed, and finally a pure low tone. It's set PERFECTLY! Now a nickel will give a low tone, a tab a mixed tone (except for the sta-tabs that are in the nickel range), and coins a high tone. What I like about it, any high tone target under trash or under a nickel will STILL give a high tone. I could've been without my other detectors and still been happy.
the tracker IV is a nice entry level machine for sure, for sand is awesome