Tiger Shark chatter

I have noticed that when I'm detecting in shallow water I get alot of chatter when the water (waves) hit the coil connector on the box. I know that I'm not the only one with this problem as I've read this on other forums. I have one place that I hunt and the sand moves alot, so it opens up what I call the mine:grin: but I find it a real pain in the butt all the chatter. In deeper water it runs quiet and deep. Is there any solution to this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Scott
TIGER SHARK:bthumb::bthumb::bthumb:

The TINMAN

Hi Megapulltabs :wavey:. I'd be interested in your report.Was Thinking my next detector would be a Tiger Shark. I have a Whites Surfmaster PI and Love it & was Thinking about the PI Pro but I love My Tesoro's and that Lifetime Warranty.

Thanks
The TINMAN

C

Chuck@TreasureHut

Here's...

...another guy who would be very much interested in hearing what you intend to or have done and the results!

Tried but failed

Well I tried what I was encouraged to do but I still get the chatter when the waves hit the connector (shallow water).
I was told to shield the connector with thick foam tubing, the kind that insulates water pipes. He explained to me that it would prevent the waves from directly hitting the connector.
Sorry if I got anybody's hopes up but I guess it was worth a try. Scott

PS. Still love my Tiger shark!!!!!:grin:

pris

Don't laugh, because I have absolutely no experience with electronics, except for my XM Radio and home electronics, k? My XM radio has an insulator that slips over the antennae connector so you won't hear as much interference. Would the chatter have something to do with a kind of interference that could be solved by that type of insulator if someone could make one?

Again, I really don't know anything about this kind of stuff but thought maybe someone might be able to figure it out??!!?? :grin:

C

Chuck@TreasureHut

Sounds To Me...

...like the same phenominon that one experiences if they "bump" their coil against the ground, tree trunk, or a rock.

Don't Forget The Sandshark!

HEY YOU GUYS, THE SAND SHARK IS AWSOME. I ALMOST BOUGHT A TIGERSHARK, I AM SO GLAD I GOT THE PI FOR WATER AND WET SAND. I FOUND QUITE A BIT IN THE DRY TOO. NO PROBLEM BUMPING WAVES OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I CAN'T IMAGINE A MD PERFORMING ANY BETTER. IT GOES FARTHER THAN I AM WILLING TO DIG TOO..:bthumb: