To All our Florida Family members

KRose

We are all hoping and praying that all our Florida Family members here at TQ and their family members and friends and all others in the path of Michael have fared well in the wake of this storm. You have all been in our thoughts and prayers that you would all be made to be safe and sound.

Buster

King of Spam
Staff member
We did well. Rain and some wind. My two brothers in law that are in Panama City Beach didn't do too well. The one had his travel trailer fipped, laundry room dissapered, car port gone, trees down on top of vehicles, roof halfway removed and the street blocked off from trees down. The second brother in-law had fence damage,car port dissapered, but no major damage. He also is blocked in by fallen trees. They are not letting anyone into town right now so they are stuck. Hopefully they will get help soon. Myself and Linda were very lucky on this one.

KRose

Buster, so glad that you and your wife came out of this storm fine. Sorry to hear about your two brother -In-laws. Here is hoping they along with many others can get the help they need in order to get their lives and property back together again. The main thing is that all are ok. God's Speed to them.

DigsNW

Sorry to hear that about your family Chuck. I too am glad you are OK there though. Good thing were as far west of that as you are I guess. Not much but every little bit helped you I think. I see Destin Beach got hit pretty good, is that where we went when I was there?

Buster

King of Spam
Staff member
Sorry to hear that about your family Chuck. I too am glad you are OK there though. Good thing were as far west of that as you are I guess. Not much but every little bit helped you I think. I see Destin Beach got hit pretty good, is that where we went when I was there?
I think it was Dave. We we're in Fort Walton Beach which is about 8 miles from there.

Digging Fool

We did well. Rain and some wind. My two brothers in law that are in Panama City Beach didn't do too well. The one had his travel trailer fipped, laundry room dissapered, car port gone, trees down on top of vehicles, roof halfway removed and the street blocked off from trees down. The second brother in-law had fence damage,car port dissapered, but no major damage. He also is blocked in by fallen trees. They are not letting anyone into town right now so they are stuck. Hopefully they will get help soon. Myself and Linda were very lucky on this one.
We were concerned about y'all, as we figured that you were close to the worst part of it. Glad you made it through ok!

Digging Fool

All of the "hype" was on the other hurricane, but this one made a bigger mess. We lost power for about 20 hours, which wasn't too bad. My generator would only run for 15 minutes and then cut off. I expanded my bad word vocabulary having to re-crank it so many times. All is well, though. We do think about the folks down south that got hit hard. Mother nature gets meaner every year.

fyrffytr1

My house escaped the storm but my shop was hit by a large pine tree. It is a mess down here and I can't imagine how bad it is farther south. The eye passed right over us and the storm was still a category 2 when it did. I am 68 years old and this is the worst storm I have personally witnessed. My prayers go out to all affected by this storm.
One thing I found kind of funny in all of this is, this storm hit us on October 10. My son's name is Michael and his birthday is October 10! I asked him why he did this to us but he just said "no comment"!