took the Deus out

diggin brains

took the Deus out for a spin in a local park found the usual clad, I am having problems with all the trash though haven't been able to find the right settings to get away from digging constant trash this may be a great relic machine but on a trashy sight I think this may be the wrong machine. I am scheduled to take the Deuce class in Oct. to better understand it and then I will have to make a decision on whether or not to keep it. I would like to give it a fair shot only time will tell

Casca

local parks gonna be like that. if you want good targets sometimes you have to dig bad ones. i been lucky my two detectors are dialed in for a trashy park hunt. i try not to dig too close to a bench, or things like a trash can. trashy areas you might as well just glean, low settings, high disc and just sweep the area in a grid hoping the dues will lock onto the best signal. I dont know if a small coil or slow deliberate swing on top of trash will let you hear a good target next to it. but sure sounds like coil overload to me.

diggin brains

local parks gonna be like that. if you want good targets sometimes you have to dig bad ones. i been lucky my two detectors are dialed in for a trashy park hunt. i try not to dig too close to a bench, or things like a trash can. trashy areas you might as well just glean, low settings, high disc and just sweep the area in a grid hoping the dues will lock onto the best signal. I dont know if a small coil or slow deliberate swing on top of trash will let you hear a good target next to it. but sure sounds like coil overload to me.
that's part of the problem most targets sound good with the dues

KRose

Brian, I wish you all the best with the Deus. I had always heard that it is a great detector but has a bit of a learning curve and a bit of getting used to as all detectors I guess. This class should be able to help out and build your confidence level with this detector. You'll have it mastered in short order.

took the Deus out for a spin in a local park found the usual clad, I am having problems with all the trash though haven't been able to find the right settings to get away from digging constant trash this may be a great relic machine but on a trashy sight I think this may be the wrong machine. I am scheduled to take the Deuce class in Oct. to better understand it and then I will have to make a decision on whether or not to keep it. I would like to give it a fair shot only time will tell
You're absolutely right. In a trashy area, this machine is going to pick up everything. I hope the DEUS boot camp seminar is the solution.