Treasure Hunt Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPC Guy

TQ Ambassador
Lately I've been thinking - with winter fast approaching - that many folks will be putting away their machines and diggers and wondering what to do with themselves until the ground thaws...Well, I think I've come up with something that will keep us from feeling sorry for ourselves - and with Gregory's permission - I've "buried" a Lesche digging tool somewhere in the United States - in a super secret location known only to me - and it's up to all of you, my fine detectives of all things buried and valuable, to figure out where it is...

Very soon, I'll post the official Rules of the Hunt and the first clue...I promise it won't be easy - and everyone will have to reach down deep and use the Indiana Jones inside of you to locate this enviable item.

The winner will receive one new Lesche digging tool - heck, maybe even a sheath - so it accessorizes nicely with whatever the well dressed TH'er is wearing this season (or next season if you happen to live in the great white north and can't actually hunt until spring)!

This should be a lot of fun - and you may even learn a bit about history and geography in the process!

Stay tuned and Happy Hunting!

EPC Guy

TQ Ambassador
Lately I've been thinking - with winter fast approaching - that many folks will be putting away their machines and diggers and wondering what to do with themselves until the ground thaws...Well, I think I've come up with something that will keep us from feeling sorry for ourselves - and with Gregory's permission - I've "buried" a Lesche digging tool somewhere in the United States - in a super secret location known only to me - and it's up to all of you, my fine detectives of all things buried and valuable, to figure out where it is...

Very soon, I'll post the official Rules of the Hunt and the first clue...I promise it won't be easy - and everyone will have to reach down deep and use the Indiana Jones inside of you to locate this enviable item.

The winner will receive one new Lesche digging tool - heck, maybe even a sheath - so it accessorizes nicely with whatever the well dressed TH'er is wearing this season (or next season if you happen to live in the great white north and can't actually hunt until spring)!

This should be a lot of fun - and you may even learn a bit about history and geography in the process!

Stay tuned and Happy Hunting!
OK - here it is: The Hunt for EPC Guy's Treasure...

Buried somewhere in the continental United States is EPC Guy’s treasure. Your mission is to be the FIRST person to correctly discover its location based on the clues provided. The prize for discovering the treasure site will be a Lesche digging tool.
Once a clue is correctly answered, the next clue will be posted.

During the course of the hunt, the FIRST person who correctly solves the current clue will be awarded one point; at the end of the hunt, the person with the highest number of points will win a “Red Book” coin guide. Point totals will be posted as each clue is correctly answered.

The first correct answer to individual clues, as well as, the first correct identification of the treasure site will be determined by the earliest date and time that is stamped on your responses.

The hunt will contain seven (7) clues, unless it is determined that more are needed to complete the hunt.

To preserve the integrity of the hunt, the location of the treasure, as well as, the answers to the individual clues will be provided to Gregory in advance.
If everyone is with me…here’s Clue #1….happy hunting and good luck to all!

James Stewart and Marion Morrison changed their names; together they can start you in the right direction.

EBCIII

I am not sure if yoy want the real names or a direction? So I will take a stab at it.

James Srewart: Birth name: James Maitland Stewart aka Lieutenant James Stewart.

John Wayne: Birth Name: Marion Robert Morrison aka Duke Morrison

Direction: West?

My guess right now.

Next question is can we have mor than one guess, Beale.

EPC Guy

TQ Ambassador
I am not sure if yoy want the real names or a direction? So I will take a stab at it.

James Srewart: Birth name: James Maitland Stewart aka Lieutenant James Stewart.

John Wayne: Birth Name: Marion Robert Morrison aka Duke Morrison

Direction: West?

My guess right now.

Next question is can we have mor than one guess, Beale.
Good reasoning Beale - but not correct:frown:! The answer will be pretty evident when this is solved...and folks can guess as many times as needed until we get a correct answer to the clue...thanks!

EPC Guy

TQ Ambassador
The direction is North to alaska. JC
Congrats, JC! I knew I made this clue TOO easy!:cussing: The correct answer to the clue is NORTH.

You win the the 1st point for solving the clue as well!

OK - I'll post the next clue later today - as I'm just about to catch a flight home.

pris

Wow, EPC! Great idea for a contest. Who knew you had it in you?? I figured you CO guys would just hibernate all winter with your :alcoholic

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the contest, buddy :wave:

EPC Guy

TQ Ambassador
EPC Guy's Treasure - Clue #2

OK gang - here's the next clue...I made it easy since it's Thanksgiving and all...:rofl:...

We have been called many names; we have lived among the cat people and those of the wild rice. We have given life and delivered death. We have steel upon our backs and within are many souls and treasure untold. We are many, although one is greatest.

Note: there are two possible answers to this clue; I'll accept either.

I'll be out-of-pocket over Thanksgiving, so updates may be slow until after the weekend...gives you plenty of time to solve the clue....

A joyful Thanksgiving to all!
Shawn

Clue Points Counter

JC - 1

pris

Okay Shawn, you're starting to worry me. You've been watching too much A&E!!!! :rofl: I will have to ponder this one. GEEZ!

grumblecatpeoplegrumblegrumblemetalbackcrapgrumbleTREASURE?

Status
Not open for further replies.