Two Old Schools

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
DSCN2290.JPG DSCN2291.JPG DSCN2281.JPG DSCN2283.JPG For the first time in a while the weather was good and we didn't have to cut our hunt short. We hunted an old school in a small Massachusetts town but finds were few. We then headed to a small New Hampshire town just over the border and hunted a high school that was built in 1898. All we found was clad but we had a good time and capped off the day with dinner in New Hampshire. Finds totaled 54 coins worth $7.15 and Sue dug the dog license. The sculpture in the photo is of a fireman carrying a baby and is there to honor the fireman from the town who are deceased. Unfortunately it's in shadow and details aren't entirely clear.

KRose

Sounds like a good time was had by Sue and yourself Sojo. Congrat's on getting out for a hunt and enjoying some pretty weather and then dinner. Nice finds on all the coins and the dog tag. By the shape of the tag, I wonder if this may have been worn by Deputy Dawg? Really like the pictures, pretty scenery and the monument to the Firefighters. Beautiful area.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Sounds like a good time was had by Sue and yourself Sojo. Congrat's on getting out for a hunt and enjoying some pretty weather and then dinner. Nice finds on all the coins and the dog tag. By the shape of the tag, I wonder if this may have been worn by Deputy Dawg? Really like the pictures, pretty scenery and the monument to the Firefighters. Beautiful area.
I don't think the dog license was worn by Deputy Dawg because he was law abiding. Oddly enough this dog license was dug in the schoolyard which had a sign posted that read "No Dogs Allowed".:D

KRose

I don't think the dog license was worn by Deputy Dawg because he was law abiding. Oddly enough this dog license was dug in the schoolyard which had a sign posted that read "No Dogs Allowed".:D
If this was an elementary school, maybe the dog was still in the process of learning to read and didn't know that he wasn't allowed. Or, maybe he was like our dog Lacy, and didn't know that he was a dog.:unsure:;)

DigsNW

Good hunt and that is a pretty town. It is nice to get out to different areas some. On this side we don't have the old architecture much like on your side. I love the look of the old towns. I think even there they are tearing down the ones that aren't on a historical site and putting up modern buildings. I hate to see that as we are losing the old trades people and not making pretty stuff anymore.

None of the money looks like it has been in the ground very long. Must be some locals keeping things cleaned up.
The photo of the coins was taken AFTER I cleaned and tumbled them. They were brown and crusty when we dug them. Most were 3-4 inches down so they'd been there at least a little while. A few were fresh drops though.