understanding gt settings

Detector I use Sovereion GT

Ok i been detecting for about 6 years now started with the whites 5900 pro then got the 6000 pro then i went to the whites xlt. all good machines

i like all kinds of hunting and the whites are gr8 machines but then i got a sovereion gt WOW!!! what a machine this thing has gr8 depth the sounds are exalaunt best machine ever...on to the settings,,

well the first trip to the beach myrtle beach sc i found 1 gold ring,,1 silver ring,,a solid gold neclace bead big ,,,a silver earing ,,,a sliver grape vine with 15 jewels and all the coins,,

settting for the beach
disc all the way to the left
notch all the way to the left
set to metal mask
set to pinpoint and just remeber when in disc mode track and fix and pinpoint are disabled just switch up to all metal to pinpoint works gr8,,
set threshold to just audible
i used band 2
set sensativity to 12 oclock ..and good luck

also remember to listen when the threshold goes quiet when in the metal mask mode then it just crossed over iron of some kind I dug a few of these and pulled bobie pins out at 14 inches . but listen week signals mean deap targets bring a shovel i dug more targets over 12 inches then i ever have with any of my whites machines..

VERY VERY INPORTANT
and also remember that when you are in all metal mode the the disc and the notch are not being used,,,just like when in disc mode track fix and pinpoint are not in use these were the most two important things that helped me with the settings on the gt,,,

I have olny had the machine for a 4 or 5 months now but once you understand it wow i have also hunted inland sofar i have found 3 other rings 1926 indian head nickle and 20 to thirty dollars worth of clad coins i can set this machine when i goto a park and never dig a tab,,i went to a park where I know there is nothing but tabs that i have hunted alot of times with the whites all of them and i dug so many tabs it wasent funny but first time there with the gt i set the disc and pulled 43 coins out in 2 hours and many of them i moved tabs to get to them almost all the coins were over 6 inches deep,,, the disc is awsome and just dig coins but if you are looking for jewelry in parks you will dig tabs thay are so close in sound that its inevatable i hope this helps and good luck,,, practice,practice

Please post a reply if this is any help to you i am new to TQ but seems like a nice place to be

bootybay

glad your having a blast with the GT.. its a wonderful machine for sure.. you certainly are kicking butt with it too.... thanks for sharing and Welcome to Tq

Waving from the Jersey Shore :wavey:

The TINMAN

Hi Cruze131 :wavey: and Welcome to TQ ! Thanks for that review as I am on the fence right now with The GT or the new Garrett AT Pro. Was getting the GT till I saw the AT BUT Still leanin towards the GT as I've heard and read nothing but Great things on them especially at the beach with the 15" WOT Coil ! Many Great Finds to You !!!

Good Luck & HH ! :arghh:

Hi Cruze131 :wavey: and Welcome to TQ ! Thanks for that review as I am on the fence right now with The GT or the new Garrett AT Pro. Was getting the GT till I saw the AT BUT Still leanin towards the GT as I've heard and read nothing but Great things on them especially at the beach with the 15" WOT Coil ! Many Great Finds to You !!!

Good Luck & HH ! :arghh:
thanks tin man so far wow i am realy inpessed with this machine

GT settings

This is going to be a big help! I have a new Sovergn on the way.
A little nervous about using it. I'll need all the help that I can get.

Detector I use Sovereion GT

Ok i been detecting for about 6 years now started with the whites 5900 pro then got the 6000 pro then i went to the whites xlt. all good machines

i like all kinds of hunting and the whites are gr8 machines but then i got a sovereion gt WOW!!! what a machine this thing has gr8 depth the sounds are exalaunt best machine ever...on to the settings,,

well the first trip to the beach myrtle beach sc i found 1 gold ring,,1 silver ring,,a solid gold neclace bead big ,,,a silver earing ,,,a sliver grape vine with 15 jewels and all the coins,,

settting for the beach
disc all the way to the left
notch all the way to the left
set to metal mask
set to pinpoint and just remeber when in disc mode track and fix and pinpoint are disabled just switch up to all metal to pinpoint works gr8,,
set threshold to just audible
i used band 2
set sensativity to 12 oclock ..and good luck

also remember to listen when the threshold goes quiet when in the metal mask mode then it just crossed over iron of some kind I dug a few of these and pulled bobie pins out at 14 inches . but listen week signals mean deap targets bring a shovel i dug more targets over 12 inches then i ever have with any of my whites machines..

VERY VERY INPORTANT
and also remember that when you are in all metal mode the the disc and the notch are not being used,,,just like when in disc mode track fix and pinpoint are not in use these were the most two important things that helped me with the settings on the gt,,,

I have olny had the machine for a couple of weeks but once you understand it wow i have also hunted inland sofar i have found 3 other rings 1926 indian head nickle and 20 to thirty dollars worth of clad coins i can set this machine when i goto a park and never dig a tab,,i went to a park where I know there is nothing but tabs that i have hunted alot of times with the whites all of them and i dug so many tabs it wasent funny but first time there with the gt i set the disc and pulled 43 coins out in 2 hours and many of them i moved tabs to get to them almost all the coins were over 6 inches deep,,, the disc is awsome and just dig coins but if you are looking for jewelry in parks you will dig tabs thay are so close in sound that its inevatable i hope this helps and good luck,,, practice,practice

Please post a reply if this is any help to you i am new to TQ but seems like a nice place to be

As a brand new owner of a Sovereign GT I can say having the settings completely wrong and all messed up I was still able to find an iphone at roughly 14-18 inches in wet sand on the beache here in Hawaii.

Now to get the knobs and switches right to tell me even more!!!!