Underwater beach

mtbricky

I was excited about a beach hunt the day after the July 4th holiday. I got there early only to find that the beach was completely submerged (sorry I didn't get a picture). I'd say about 3-4 feet above normal. This makes water hunting unproductive if not impossible. Where you would normally be knee deep you are nearly chest deep. Not to mention the beach crowd is staying home instead of coming out losing their rings!. Apparently the beaches to the immediate north were flooded out as well. I've also heard the great lakes are all flooding - notably Lake Michigan in the Chicago area has gained 6' in the last year or so. My rain gauge has picked up 5" in the last 5 days. I hope this is just an aberration and not a long term trend. Beach season is too short in Ohio as it is to lose weeks to flooding. :(:(:(

mtbricky

Thanks for the well wishes! No tides on my beaches though - all man made lake. All the sand was trucked in. All the water levels are controlled by flood control districts. It'll go down eventually - I hope.