Unusual ATPRO program

possum4

Do you have a link to the video or the website you could post?
Google-atpro detector wars video....this video was made by Ed Huffman July 2013....Step by step.....[1]-Raise coil 6-8 inches above ground and turn power on[2]set to STANDARD mode[3]manual GB then notch down 16 numbers[4]set iron discrm. to 12[5] set sens. 1 notch below max....ready to go.....the video is great as it shows different targets at different depths.......I tried it once before the weather turned and our permits expired.....found a wheat penny about 7-8 inches deep and it gave the Standard mode, loud bell tone......let me know how it works out for you....possum4

HungryGhost

Google-atpro detector wars video....this video was made by Ed Huffman July 2013....Step by step.....[1]-Raise coil 6-8 inches above ground and turn power on[2]set to STANDARD mode[3]manual GB then notch down 16 numbers[4]set iron discrm. to 12[5] set sens. 1 notch below max....ready to go.....the video is great as it shows different targets at different depths.......I tried it once before the weather turned and our permits expired.....found a wheat penny about 7-8 inches deep and it gave the Standard mode, loud bell tone......let me know how it works out for you....possum4
Can't find the video can you post a link please?

possum4

Can't find the video can you post a link please?
I tried to find the video but my search @ Tennessee Mountain Metal Detectors Wars video showed that the video was not available at this time......last time I viewed it was sometime in Nov. or Dec......it was posted on TMMD's site around 7/13/2013....I'll continue to try and locate it and let you know where to find it....in the meantime
give it a try.....I may give Garrett a call to get their insight on why that setting gives you better depth and why in must be used in standard mode not the pro mode...

Reviving an older thread.

Setting the ground balance lower , after manually ground balancing , can at times help get a good signal on deeper targets. Though the detector dont seem as stable in trashy ground and can can give some funky signals with the target ID being a little off. Not necessarily a good setting to use in every situation. Not sure why its recommended to only use it in standard mode , many people do this with pro mode too. I have done this a few times with mixed results but some people swear by it. I usually never use discrimination though. The lower manual adjustment is covered on garrett videos and I believe its in the manual as well. I dont put much stock in this detector adjustment , atleast in every location , it can have a negative effect on shallower targets and how the detector reads them. And going lower with the GB may help with depth a bit at times but since going higher with the GB can help with small or gold items then the lower adjustment can make you miss some of those. So , definately something to try out but you have to tailor the detector settings to the particular soil , location , and density of the targets in the ground , it may help in some areas and hinder in others.

hoser

For the most part we have neutral ground here. Very little mineralization, but I will try this in manual GB just to see what I get. Thanks.