Weekend Finds

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Thanks Paul......The first thing I do is wash the dirt off the coins with soap and warm water. I do that in the sink. The next step is....I put everything but the pennies in a plastic bottle, cover the coins with "Lime-Away" toilet bowl cleaner and shake them for a few minutes. Then I repeat that process. After that I put ALL the coins in a tumbler, no more than 50-60 in each barrel, with aquarium gravel, water and some dish soap and tumble them for 90 minutes. Most of them come out pretty good. The tumbler I use is a double barrel "Lortone" which I've had since 1984.

KRose

Dedjim, Ian beat me to it. I was going to say that you needed that Chevy truck to haul all those quarters. Nice hunt for you and Sue. You really have gotten your money's worth out of that tumbler. Wouldn't it be nice if all things lasted that long?

draaiorgel

Dedjim, Ian beat me to it. I was going to say that you needed that Chevy truck to haul all those quarters. Nice hunt for you and Sue. You really have gotten your money's worth out of that tumbler. Wouldn't it be nice if all things lasted that long?
Don't hold it against me Kevin, you know what they say.
Great minds think alike.
163.gif
163.gif
163.gif
163.gif

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
That's a really good lift for the weekend.
But I do feel your needing to invest in a bigger truck.
To enable you to carry all the cash home.
View attachment 103519 View attachment 103519 View attachment 103519 View attachment 103519
View attachment 103520 View attachment 103520 View attachment 103520 View attachment 103520 View attachment 103520
Thanks, Ian...….I'm saving all my Zinc pennies to buy a bigger truck.:)
Thank You Kevin.......the tumbler has definitely given me my money's worth. It's like one of those old Timex watches......."Takes a licking but keeps on ticking". :)