Were you ever stationed in Germany? Looking for Metal Detecting Sites!

Hi,
First Post here and I was wondering if anyone was stationed in Germany and might know of some good places to detect. I am interested in Roman & Celtic History. I live close to Stuttgart - Heidelberg - Manheim - Mainz - area.
Coordinates are the best so that I can look at the area on Google Earth!
Thanks for looking Greg

Thanks to all that answered my request. I was looking to find a little more detail, like someone who actually did some detecting here. I have been really lucky this year and having been in Germany for 6 months I have 3 roman rings and 9 coins! Cant wait for next year to get out and at them again! I believe that its all in the details and I do as much research as I can!
Happy Holidays to all!
Greg
IMG_1868 (2).JPG

Attachments

Hi Sandfisher,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here is a picture of the reverse, I am afraid it wont help much as there isn't much detail.
Thank you so much for taking the time to check it out for me! I am hooked on Roman history here in Germany. Some day I hope to find a Celtic coin, perhaps next year :)
Merry Christmas!
Greg
IMG_2075.JPG

sandfisher

Can't tell much by the reverse, but i know it is Faustina II by the portrait. With some evaluation all coins of this era can be ID by the obverse portrait.
She was the wife of Marcus Aurelius and the daughter of Antoninus Pius and Faustina I.
Congradulations again on the finds. It must be a real rush to find coins like these.

sandfisher

Hi JJ & Sandfisher,
Good advice, I hunt mostly deep in the woods and never where I should not!
Also very careful not to dig up any ordinance ~
Most of all I love the historical context, where I live goes back to the stone age!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Greg