Wet/salt water sand settings?

Does anyone have any experience with this machine(BH Landstar) in wet/salty sand? Seems to work ok in dry sand...but I cant seem to find a "quiet" setting for the wet stuff. I'm a newbie with this machine and metal detecting and just trying to narrow things down..is it me or the machine?

Thanks!

Mikey

TQ's Underwater Pirate
Sorry not a machine i know. But as with many other i will say, lower the sensitivity that may help?. HH Mikey:bthumb:

You can try to turn the sens down, but my BH Lonestar went nuts trying to hunt the wet ocean sand. Too many minerals in sea water. There are machines dedicated to salt water that will do much better. I wound up buying a Sand Shark for my beach hunts.

So it's not you, the machine isn't really meant to hunt near salt water, but it's a killer on land hunts! Different tools to do different jobs.

Hello from CT. :wave:

EPC Guy

TQ Ambassador
You can try to turn the sens down, but my BH Lonestar went nuts trying to hunt the wet ocean sand. Too many minerals in sea water. There are machines dedicated to salt water that will do much better. I wound up buying a Sand Shark for my beach hunts.

So it's not you, the machine isn't really meant to hunt near salt water, but it's a killer on land hunts! Different tools to do different jobs.

Hello from CT. :wave:
Ditto what ctjed said...

dign-nbama

Good Evening, I own the BH Landstar, carried it to the beach one year, it doesn't like the wet sand, even with the sensitivity way down wants to false to much, I didn't have any luck taming it,,, but dry sand it will go pretty deep,, you can try running the sensitivity down, but if that doesn't work don't get discouraged it's just the nature of the beast... HH