What are arrowheads worth?

Discussion in 'Indian Arrowhead - Artifacts & Fossils' started by HarleyMom, Feb 27, 2012.

1. HarleyMom

HarleyMom Active Member

I have never found one in my life:(, though I have never really LOOKED for one. What are they worth? What are the most likly places to find them? I've always been interested in native american history/culture/etc. I even made my own bow and arrows when I was about 12, it was kinda pathetic, but I enjoyed it.

2. Mich49

Mich49 Well-Known Member

Retired
    I hate to admit it, but having tromped the woods for over 45 years or better I have yet to locate one myself. I too, like the Indian items. Lately Iam on a Native Alaskan kick for items.

3. Megagold

Megagold Well-Known Member

Never found any either. Look on ebay maybe???

4. EBCIII

EBCIII Well-Known Member

NA
    Capron Va. We roll the Sidewalks up at 17:00
    I have found many. To me it is not a money worth item but touching our ancestors. My dad used to take me point hunting as a kid. He has an awesome collection. He has a Tomahawk even. it is much like MD'n the thrill of getting out there and finding stuff, Beale.

5. Echostar61

Echostar61 Well-Known Member

The Overstreet guide will give you an idea on prices. I have a large collection , never cared what they were worth , I enjoyed finding every one .

Gunrunner61 likes this.
  6. bootybay

bootybay Well-Known Member

I too should be finding em down here at the shore, near any waterway is usually where you find them, so far, I haven't found squat in that dept. but I have a nice sized collection that needs to be put in one or two big shadow boxes..since hubby is part american Indian.

Megagold likes this.
  7. rip

rip Well-Known Member

bum
    Hi Harly mom ! Some can be worth in the thousands of dollars...ebay will give you an idea of worth.Plowed fields along waterways are your best bet of finding some.Indians had there villages at the confluence of two or more streams...cheak the high ground.Look for discolred(fireburnt) rocks and flint chips.Also look for sighns of early colonial sites while your looking...this would be bits of glass brick etc....I've found alot of nice coins and relics this way. Good luck and HH !

8. Clovis

Clovis Member

house wife. medically disabled
    Hi Harley Mom. Arrowhead value can be anywhere from .25 to $10,000+. It depends on the kind, age, condition (the better the condition the more it will be worth) and rarity. Also depends on how badly someone wants it and what they are willing to pay for it.

As Terri said, the Overstreet guide is a great place to get ideas of value and kinds.

9. Howey01

Howey01 Active Member

Enviornmemtal engineer
    I have found hundreds never sold any of my real artifacts have had offers from some collectors but i will give them to my sons never was a money issue for me i just like looking.Howard

Gunrunner61 and Echostar61 like this.
  10. Echostar61

Echostar61 Well-Known Member

Our Howey makes beautiful arrowheads ! I am proud to say I have some of his creations and they mean more to me than those I have found . They too are displayed proudly on my walls .

11. Gunrunner61

Gunrunner61 Member

Construction worker
    I live in Dalton, I like coin shooting and relic h
    I probably have 650 -700 perfect to near perfect points and 5 gal. bucket upon 5 gal bucket of halves and pieces, would never sell a broken one never mind a good one .When im dead and gone the boy's can do as they wish, Itr's the same with my Metal detecting relics and coins, I've always done it for the history and pleasure of it NOT the financial gain! jmho HH

Echostar61 likes this.