what coil do you mostly use on your GTAx detector ?

Thrasher

I just wanted to see what other people are using and how it works for them. I just did the trade in deal with Garrett and sent in my 8.5" crossfire coil for a 40% discount on the 9" x 12" PROformance coil that I now have. I like this new coil alot better than the 8.5" coil that I did have. It goes deeper and seems to produce a clearer signal on most things.

I am currently using my GTAX1250 with the 8.5" coil that really works well. I also have the 10"x14" DD coil that seems to be OK, I just recently bought a 12.5" coil that I haven't used on the 1250 yet. Now on the back up MD (GTX500) I use both the 8.5" and 12.5" coils and have had great success. The 12.5" coils gets nice depth in damp soil. Also use a 3.5" elip.coil on the 500 that helps in trashy areas. Well I hope that helps and I didn't confuse you to much! Ray

I just wanted to see what other people are using and how it works for them. I just did the trade in deal with Garrett and sent in my 8.5" crossfire coil for a 40% discount on the 9" x 12" PROformance coil that I now have. I like this new coil alot better than the 8.5" coil that I did have. It goes deeper and seems to produce a clearer signal on most things.
I've got a 8.5 x 11 on my 550. Looks just like the one that came out on the Pro model.