What is it like to live in Georgia during the summer months?

KRose

There is a little trick that you can do that will give you a pretty good idea. First, go into the bathroom and cut the shower on with the hottest water that your water heater will allow. Shower thoroughly. Upon completion of your shower turn the water off and exit the shower. Do not towel dry off, but get completely dressed, and there you have it. This is what it's like living in Georgia during the summer months.

DigsNW

There is a little trick that you can do that will give you a pretty good idea. First, go into the bathroom and cut the shower on with the hottest water that your water heater will allow. Shower thoroughly. Upon completion of your shower turn the water off and exit the shower. Do not towel dry off, but get completely dressed, and there you have it. This is what it's like living in Georgia during the summer months.
:LOL::LOL: Well then, after you shower don’t put your clothes back on. :LOL::LOL:
I really know, I have been back there in late July. I don’t know how you can take it.

fyrffytr1

I haven't been able to get cold water out of my inside faucets for several days now, just luke warm. I am on a private well and my storage tank is in an insulated shed but it has been so hot that not even the insulation can keep the temperature down. The temperature humidity index is forecast to be around 110 for the next couple days.

KRose

I haven't been able to get cold water out of my inside faucets for several days now, just luke warm. I am on a private well and my storage tank is in an insulated shed but it has been so hot that not even the insulation can keep the temperature down. The temperature humidity index is forecast to be around 110 for the next couple days.[/QUOTE The heat coupled with the high humidity has been unrelenting.

DigsNW

We are having an unusual cooler summer so far. Seems we almost have opposite weather than most of the country. We had a thunder storm two nights ago that gave us double what our rainfall should be for the entire summer. We usually get no rain in August.
Not being used to it I can’t take the humidity you get back there. It does seem you are getting brutal summer heat this year. I feel bad for all of you.

Rob1960

It’s been quite hot this summer

KRose

The devil came down to Georgia, he was searchin' for a soul to steal.......
But he found it too hot, so up he got, and made his four wheels squeal.
Johnny just stood on that hickory stump playin' that Golden Fiddle for real.

draaiorgel

You had me worried Kevin, when ya said do not towel dry off
thought ya were gonna say just run into the garden with the rest of the family and dance naked around the fish pool.
Like a witchcraft ritual dance to make it rain.

Thanks for not doin' it.
fun piper.gif
fun piper.gif

KRose

You had me worried Kevin, when ya said do not towel dry off
thought ya were gonna say just run into the garden with the rest of the family and dance naked around the fish pool.
Like a witchcraft ritual dance to make it rain.

Thanks for not doin' it.
View attachment 103290 View attachment 103290
Hee. I don't even think doing the old's ritual dance that I could make it rain. I installed 1 palle t of centipede sod about 5 weeks ago. I believe that it has rained 4 times since. Each time was like a carbon copy, raining about 25 minutes each time and moving on. Guess what I have been doing since. I'll give you a hint....it involves a garden hose and a nozzle.

KRose

Centipede is a turf grass that does well in our not Southern climate. It loves Sun and sandy soil. It is a creeping low growing grass. It doesn't get too tall, but it can get extremely thick. At times it can give a golf course look or appearance.

justdon

Being in florida I know that feeling.I cut my front lawn this mourning and after I finished it felt like somebody had poured buckets of water on me.Reminds me I better be a good Christian because I don't like this taste of hell.