Wheat, Sterling, Silver, And MEGA Clad

IMG_0574.JPG
IMG_0568.JPG
IMG_0570.JPG
IMG_0573.JPG
IMG_0567.JPG
With the hunt season nearing an end I made good use of my time with as many hunts as possible this past week. One hour on Wednesday at the local middle school, three hours on Thanks giving morning at a pair of soccer fields, Sue and I for nearly three hours on Friday at a soccer field, and finally two hours after work on Saturday at an old football field. Totals for the hunts were 186 coins.....22 pennies, 4 nickels, 47 dimes, 109 quarters, 2 Dollar coins, and 2 silver Roosevelt dimes.....1957 and 1964. Additionally I dug a small slightly bent sterling silver ring and a few other oddball pieces. Sue dug the Cub Scout slide and the dollar coins. My wheat cents were 1949 and 1951...Sue's was a 1958. The clad totaled $34.37.

Last edited:

DigsNW

Two more silver dimes plus a ring, good hunt. I have only dug one dollar coin so far at a sand volleyball court. You two dug a lot of holes. I like the car too. I have a small collection of those that I have dug. They seem to be a popular find for all of us.

Two more silver dimes plus a ring, good hunt. I have only dug one dollar coin so far at a sand volleyball court. You two dug a lot of holes. I like the car too. I have a small collection of those that I have dug. They seem to be a popular find for all of us.
Surprisingly, the dollar coins are relatively common around where we hunt. So far this year Sue has 3 and I have 10. As for the car.....like you, I have a collection of them not counting all the ones I gave away in the past to my grandson. The car isn't a Hot Wheels or TootsieToy….it's nameless other than "Made in China" :)

That a lot of digging, your going to need the winter to rest up after that, congrats
Thanks, Clyde......We were hoping to go out on Sunday but the rain/snow mixture put a stop to that. We have about 5-6 inches of new snow this morning so it looks like the season is over, but "maybe" this coming weekend will be good enough for one last hunt.

KRose

I couldn't see a lil' rain, snow, sleet, or hail from stopping you and Sue from digging the clad and Silver. Yall' are sorta like the Pony Express. Another great hunt with some great finds.

I couldn't see a lil' rain, snow, sleet, or hail from stopping you and Sue from digging the clad and Silver. Yall' are sorta like the Pony Express. Another great hunt with some great finds.
Well, now that you mention it we "could" bring my snowblower to the next hunt site and clear the land of snow. After that we could hunt to our heart's content. If we don't find anything we could go around knocking on doors to see if anyone wanted their driveway cleared....for a price of course. We're too old to shovel people's driveways like we did in the "old days" but the snowblower would get the job done.

DigsNW

Snowblower? what kind of contraption is that? No need for those things here. We average 1.4” of snow a year here. When we do get snow and sometimes it is a few inches we have ice under it 99% of the time. Just the way it works here. Rain followed by colder temps followed by snow. There is precious little flat ground here so driving is treacherous when we do get it. I got to drive in International Falls Mn. One week while working there in just snow and it was so much nicer without the ice under it. A lot more traction.

Snowblower? what kind of contraption is that? No need for those things here. We average 1.4” of snow a year here. When we do get snow and sometimes it is a few inches we have ice under it 99% of the time. Just the way it works here. Rain followed by colder temps followed by snow. There is precious little flat ground here so driving is treacherous when we do get it. I got to drive in International Falls Mn. One week while working there in just snow and it was so much nicer without the ice under it. A lot more traction.
The type of weather you mention is similar to what we get here in March.