Whites 15' Max Searchcoil for the MXT

Discussion in 'Whites MXT' started by KRose, Jan 12, 2017.

1. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    I am looking for a nice 15' Max searchcoil for my MXT All Pro. I was wondering if anyone here has a nice used coil for sale or if you know of anyone with one for sale. Any input would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kevin

Digging Fool likes this.
  2. Artie Fact

Artie Fact Well-Known Member

Diesel Mechanic
    Don't know much about the 15" coil, but I have been doing a little research on what White's is calling the " Detech 13" Ultimate Double D Search Coil". Somewhere in the range of $175.00 new. I am waiting for my rep to get back from Europe. He can generally get better pricing.

KRose likes this.
  3. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    Thanks for the reply Artie. I too have heard of the Detech Utimate coil but I admit I don't know that much about this coil. It might be worth doing some research on. I can say this though, that this coil is cheaper than the Max coil. The retail price of the Max coil new is $ 249.00. That is why I'm looking for a nice used one. I'll try to do some comparison of these two coils and see what I can find out. Thanks for the heads up. If I'm not mistaken, the Detech coils are not manufactured by Whites, but are made for Whites detectors. Thanks again, and Take care.

4. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    Hey Artie, in checking around on the website, I found that Kellyco has the Detech Ultimate 13' coil on sale for $ 159.00. This is the cheapest that I have seen on this coil new. The coil they have pictured on the site is white. I don't know if the color would matter to you or not. I still am considering the different coils, but I thought of you when I came across this. Take care.

5. Artie Fact

Diesel Mechanic
    Kind of bummed to hear the Detech is subbed out. May have to look a little at the 15", I have never bought or sold anything online. Call it a phobia. Call it what ever you like. I call it a fact. Thanks for the info. I'll have my local guy check into it for me.

KRose likes this.
  6. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    Artie, I am in no way pushing Kellyco. I am in no way affiliated with them or any other sponsors but I have bought quite a lot from Kellyco online through the years. They are a secured sight and they are pretty good folks to do business with. I have bought 3 detectors from them and a number of coils and accessories. I'm just saying. If you do decide to give them a try tell them I recommended them to you. They should know me well. My full name is Kevin Rose. Best of luck to you on whatever you decide. I'm still torn between these two coils. I'm trying to find someone who has tried these two out to see what their thoughts are. I have the Whites 10' DD coil and I have seen several reviews where hunters have preferred the 13' Ultimate coil. They claimed it is deeper coil, it is a lighter coil, and it is better balanced. And it is $ 90.00 cheaper than the Max coil. I'm still deliberating. I still can't help but feel that the 15' Max coil is going to be a deeper coil. It's 2,' bigger. Another plus to me is that while it's going to be a little heavier, being a concentric coil it is solid and you won't have to deal with sticks and stuble getting caught between the spokes or supports of the coil. What are your thoughts?

Digging Fool likes this.
  7. Artie Fact

Diesel Mechanic
    It's all good, Kevin. I read that the Max coil is good for three feet. That soft Georgia dirt. At least I remember it being soft. You should buy the Maxone just for that reason alone, in my opinion, period. I, however could probably not find a place to dig a three foot hole for two hundred miles. Lots of big rocks up here.

Digging Fool and KRose like this.
  8. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    Artie, you grew up around Savannah didn't you if I remember correctly. Our dirt here in North Georgia is a bear. Especially the red clay. In the summer months this clay can become hardened to nearly equal concrete. I have actually found relics encased in the clay and had to actually chisel the clay from around the item so it could further be cleaned. Still some of the brown dirt down in our area is soft, just not the red stuff. I have searched just about all the websites I could on the Whites Max. 15' coil. Everyone I have seen including the Whites website, the selling price is $ 249.95. I'm still hoping I could come across either a demo or resale on the coil. Whites seems to be proud of their coils as other brands are too. The industry has come up with a way to make a killing and that seems to be in the different size coils. As you well know they are making more and more coils with different claims. I saw a new coil the other day from Minelab and the sale price was $ 1500.00 Too rich for my blood. I could nearly have bought 2 new MXT All Pro detectors for the cost of this one coil. Not me.

9. Artie Fact

Diesel Mechanic
    I may be able to get you a better price. Not sure yet. The dirt in the Low Country was nice. Lots of crawdads. I have a ton of family in Tattnall County as well. Lots of clay over that way. Going fishing today. Fly fishing. Never been fly fishing before. Gonna try something new.

10. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    I appreciate the heads up on the coil Artie. I'm sure they run these on sale from time to time but I haven't seen one as of yet. You still have family in Tattnall County? I have heard of Tattnall, but I can't remember if I have ever passed through this county or not. Best of luck to you with Fly fishing. This would be new to me too as I have never tried it before myself. Catch a mess of fish.

11. Digging Fool

Digging Fool Well-Known Member

Waterplant Operator
    I had a 15" coil on my Explorer II, and everybody said it looked like a steering wheel. I've found some deep "crap" with it. :)

Rob1960 and KRose like this.
  12. Rob1960

Rob1960 Well-Known Member

Did you try Ron at Windy City? Good person to deal with. I agree with you Kevin on the red clay, it can be a bear.

KRose likes this.
  13. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    Rob, after going back and forth between the Max 15' coil and the Detech Ultimate 13' coil, I decided to go with the 13' Ultimate coil.I decided that this coil being a lighter coil would be more user friendly to my arm and shoulder. I watched a lot of videos on Utube on this coil and read many reviews. I was impressed by both what I saw and heard. I ordered this from Kellyco. They had the best price on this coil from $ 20.00 to 30.00. Thanks for the suggestion on Windy City. I heard they were good folks to do business with. I'll post a little later on my take on this coil. Take it easy.

Zip Zip likes this.
  14. Zip Zip

Zip Zip Active Member

Retired
    I know the 13 inch coil is a DD coil and the 15 inch is a concentric. I wonder how concentric coils handle that red jo jaw clay ?? concentrics are also known to see a bit deeper than DD coils. :) Oh ! Kevin, I am still enjoying that 950 coil I got from you :)

KRose likes this.
  15. KRose

KRose Well-Known Member

Retired Firefighter
    Hey Zip. Great to hear from you and that you are still liking the 950 coil.

16. Zip Zip

Zip Zip Active Member

Retired
    Oh Heck Yes ! It is the most accurate coil for identifying target and depth because the 950 is/was the base coil that was on a lot of whites detectors :)

KRose likes this.