Will check out a couple of used Whites

KRose

Mike, I agree with Ian. Whites has been around for awhile, they are American made in Oregon, and have great customer service. If I could suggest, first figure out what type of hunting you would mostly be doing. This would help you decide as to what model would most likely suit you. You can also watch Utube videos on most any make and model of metal detector. There are a few White users here on TQ, myself being one of them. I use the MXT All Pro. I am primarily a Relic hunter, but the MXT is an all around metal detector having a multi-functional use. It has three settings: coin/jewelry, relic, and prospecting. Each setting can make the MXT like a whole different MD. I personally really like the MXT. You could also go to Whites Forum. This is a forum made up of Whites MD owners. A lot of great info here too. A lot of these folks are not only Whites brand owners and users, but have been for years with years of experience . Best of luck to you in whatever Make or Model MD you choose. Don't get in a rush and do the Research and you will find the right MD for you. Keep us posted on how all goes if you will.(y)(y)(y)

Thanks all for the opinions. I haven't caught up with my friend to get the model #'s. In my research so far I'm leaning toward the treasuremaster, however I'll research the MXT. My hunting will likely be city parks, if legal, and I won't dig in them and also old homestead sites which there are plenty of in area grain fields. For the homesteads it will be nice to have one that eliminates iron which I'm sure there will be plenty of on the homesteads.

I just googled the MXT and it's a bit out of my price range for now until I find if I really enjoy this hobby.

edit: 9PM. I originally said $500-$700. I've since found that a good starter is $200-$400, so that explains why I said the MXT is a bit much for me. It seems I can start without such a big outlay to find if I'll enjoy it.
Mike

Last edited:

Gregory

Administrator-Site Founder
Hey mike, also look at the bounty hunter detectors. Price is good and they are good starter detectors. I have one and enjoy using it. This way you won’t spend much and you’ll see if you enjoy this hobby.

UPDATE: I borrowed the M6 from a good friend to see if my bad lower back is going to like this hobby. Weather permitting, I plan to go to our city park where they have a farmers market most of the summer and see if I can find loose change. He had the factory DVD and I watched it and also downloaded the owners manual. I'll report back later.
Mike

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Found out a friend has a couple of whites. I'll get the mod #s and research them and maybe ask opinions here.
Mike
I've used white's detectors since I started detecting and have only good things to say about them. I just recently bought two new White's detectors, one for my girlfriend and one for me........Treasuremaster and Treasurepro. We both love them.....

KRose

I've used white's detectors since I started detecting and have only good things to say about them. I just recently bought two new White's detectors, one for my girlfriend and one for me........Treasuremaster and Treasurepro. We both love them.....
.....and do well with them.