Your experience with the Delta 4000

I just realized there was a forum for the Delta 4000, so I thought I'd give a shout out to all those who use it.

I've had mine since Feb of this year. It's my first detector and I'm enjoying it. Since I've only had it for a little while, I'm still learning it.

I'd like to know how long you've had yours, what kind of success you've had with it, and what are the settings you usually go with. Also, are there any little "personality traits" with the 4000 that you have learned?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Drlta 4000

:prolleyes: Just bought a Delta 4000 and took it out yesterday to check it out. I went to an elementaty school to practice with it. I only did the grassy areas and within 2.5 hours I found $14.07 in clad and a space Jam Token...The deepect coin was at 5 inches, a 1972 quater. I bought the detector for the light weight when I visit schools and play grounds...I find the light weight better for me when detecting these areas...much easier on the arm than My Garretts 1500. I must say I am pleasently surprised and impressed with this detector. Very easy to use and pinpointing is spot on....The VDI numbers were right on except for nickels but in time I will learn the nickel VDI....I think I will keep it....

The Delta is a dandy little detector.

Wish I still owned mine. I hunted behind my SE Pro more than a few times and found silver that I had missed for some reason. It is deadly pinpointing targets and is surprisingly deep. It is definitely a keeper.

HH,

Shane

I agree that it's pretty good at pinpointing. I usually get within an inch- even on deep targets. Somebody had posted on another thread that it was very sensitive to EMI. I have found that to be very true. If I'm near large power lines I have to turn the sens down all the way. I wish I could find some better areas to hunt. Right now, the ground is so hard, I have to basically ignore anything deeper than 2 or 3". I'd like to see how it performs in some soft ground that doesn't have a bunch of trash in it.

Yesterday, I got a new sand scoop and decided to try a lakeside swimming area. It has done well in the wet sand/dirt and in shallow water. I know the control box is NOT water-proof, so I was extremely careful. I managed $1.18 in clad in a very trashy area.

wjm4161

I just realized there was a forum for the Delta 4000, so I thought I'd give a shout out to all those who use it.

I've had mine since Feb of this year. It's my first detector and I'm enjoying it. Since I've only had it for a little while, I'm still learning it.

I'd like to know how long you've had yours, what kind of success you've had with it, and what are the settings you usually go with. Also, are there any little "personality traits" with the 4000 that you have learned?

Look forward to hearing from you.
I have a like new 12.5" x 8.5" CORS D.D. coil and cover for a Delta 4000 and fits most all Teknetics its DEEP giving it away @ $ 75 shipped used twice .
PB200008.JPG
PB200010.JPG
PB200011.JPG