Your next detector after the Ace 250

I am REALLY impressed with everything about the Ace 250.

I do believe I have out grown it and want to move up to a detector that can offer more depth detection.
Any suggestions?

I had the White's Prizm III & felt the same way, I just upgraded to the White's Prizm 6T & LOVE it, it's a great machine!!

EBCIII

Take a good look at the X-Terra 705 also.

Give our sponsors a call. Talk over what you want to do. The can help you out, Beale.

Very good question, I also use a 250 but have been looking at a GTI 1500 not many people here where I live use them but I have read excellent reviews, more good than bad. but thats one of the reasons Im here is to hear what these folks say.

Ric-san

Im an Ace-250 junkie, cut my teeth on it (and still have it), but I have upgraded to the White's XLT...food for thought, the new 10 x 14 excellerator coil kinda made the ace to me seem like a poor man's MXT...its deep hittin' BUT there was a lot of interfearance from powerlines, cell phones etc...(I did find deep silver with it though in the 'hunted out' parks of Pensacola...)

Rick

I'm also looking to upgrade from my Ace 250. I have been looking at Tesoro's the Cibola has some great reviews and is only $340, or a Fisher 1236-X2 for about the same price. I want to try an analog machine

I am REALLY impressed with everything about the Ace 250.

I do believe I have out grown it and want to move up to a detector that can offer more depth detection.
Any suggestions?

DUDE I almost posted the same question at about the same time as you...I think Im going with the XLT next.

Very good question, I also use a 250 but have been looking at a GTI 1500 not many people here where I live use them but I have read excellent reviews, more good than bad. but thats one of the reasons Im here is to hear what these folks say.
The 1500 or the 2500 is an excellent machine with good depth.The only drawback that I know is the weight(for us older guys).Garrett has excellent warranty and customer relations.

Next unit

I have an Ace 250 due to arrive Monday as well as a Fisher 1212. I will need to compare them and decide which one to keep and which one to resell.

I expect to go over 100 hours of use later today when I take the Ace 250 to an area beach. I have 99 hours on it now. Charles Garrett wisely advised that one cannot realize a detector's capabilities until he has used it for at least 100 hours. My Ace 250 has had amazing results so my other more expensive detectors have been collecting dust because I've had so much success with the Ace. I regularly use it while detecting with my buddy, who alternates between his XP Deus and his new Equinox 800, and neither of his machines can outdo my 250 in the field. Last month, I found a 1914-S Barber half dollar at 9" deep.
~Texas Jay

NedTed_DeepDetector_LR_Web.jpg