Garrett Infinium LS

cupajo

This amazes me. The Garrett Infinium LS is a Rock Star on the beach and no one is giving there opinion on this wonderul machine.
Yes there is a learning curve, but there is with any machine. Come on guys, good or bad give us your opinions. ;)

cupajo

I had one quite some time back, maybe 6 or 7 years, could even be longer I loose track of time. I used it in the old stream beds here on the High Desert. I had it stolen, just shortly after I got it, but not before I found learned how to use it. It truly was a rock star.
That was back when I was still working and I always meant to replace it. Plenty busy though.

I just came back to detecting within the last 3 or 4 months.

I have had a lot of illness in my life smoking, drinking, playing to hard. I have been retired for 6 years now. Hit pretty hard with illness since I have been retired. I'm a scrapper though, and I am pulling out of it. When I bought my newest AT Gold, I wasn't even sure I would be able to use it. All the up and down.

Reminds me of the Hanks Williams Jr song Country folk can survive…:)

Orosurf

From my limited experience of pulse machines, they take more time and patience than I have. Never had an Infinium, mine was a Goldscan, very powerful but way too sensitive for me. I ended up swapping it for a Whites Eagle Spectrum, the poor cousin of the XLT that I loved.

draaiorgel

We had a member here called Bugar, he was a big fan of the Infinium.
I do believe he was a staunch Garrett fan for a few decades.
127.gif
127.gif
127.gif
127.gif
127.gif

Haven't seen any post from him in a while, I hope he is keeping OK.
I had a lot of respect for Bugar.
salute.gif
salute.gif
salute.gif
salute.gif
salute.gif

against the wind

I've used a lot of Garrett machines but never the Infinium.
I'm glad to hear you are trying to take care of your health.
Stay with the hobby and the exercise will get easier, as long as you don't over do it.:cool:

Last edited:

cupajo

From my limited experience of pulse machines, they take more time and patience than I have. Never had an Infinium, mine was a Goldscan, very powerful but way too sensitive for me. I ended up swapping it for a Whites Eagle Spectrum, the poor cousin of the XLT that I loved.
I think if you would take the time to read the Owners manual, you would see that there isn't all that much of a learning curve. If you're thinking you can't know that from just reading a owners manual, then your right. You most likely can't, but my money says you won't find it that hard.

However, a learning curve for me could be hugh and for you it was a snap, we are all different. They are not made for trashy areas. That is for sure, they will pick up a pop top and other trash at depths nobody wants to dig.

I used it for nugget hunting only. Well, I also used it on the beach a couple of times. I didn't care for the beach to much junk. Like I said, incredible depth. …:)

Orosurf

I think if you would take the time to read the Owners manual, you would see that there isn't all that much of a learning curve. If you're thinking you can't know that from just reading a owners manual, then your right. You most likely can't, but my money says you won't find it that hard.

However, a learning curve for me could be hugh and for you it was a snap, we are all different. They are not made for trashy areas. That is for sure, they will pick up a pop top and other trash at depths nobody wants to dig.

I used it for nugget hunting only. Well, I also used it on the beach a couple of times. I didn't care for the beach to much junk. Like I said, incredible depth. …:)
o_O erm, I didn't say it was difficult to learn. Just requires more digging junk than I am prepared to do.

cupajo

o_O erm, I didn't say it was difficult to learn. Just requires more digging junk than I am prepared to do.
In the wrong areas it sure can… Others had mentioned about the hugh learning curve. I can sure see how you could think that was aimed at you. I need to start replying to whom I am speaking. Again…Sorry…:)