Garrett Pro-Pointer AT issues

Never used a pinpointer before, and on my first try had issues. Probably user error. I have it set on vibrate, and when I poke around dirt mounds it is constantly going off with no coins/etc. to be found. Any similar issues? Thanks.

too_pointer

Try burying a coin in the dirt and look for it with your pointer, and see if it works o.k. I had some issues with a pin pointer, and it was the make of my 9 volt battery causing issues, I changed the battery out, and it cured my problems. Good luck with it.
too_

Try burying a coin in the dirt and look for it with your pointer, and see if it works o.k. I had some issues with a pin pointer, and it was the make of my 9 volt battery causing issues, I changed the battery out, and it cured my problems. Good luck with it.
too_
I read that in other posts. Strange the battery type would do that, but I will change it. Do you remember the brand you switched to? I currently have a Duracell in there. Thanks.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
I see video's where these guys are sticking in the clump of dirt like branding a steer. Is there a better way to do it. Not touch the soil? I am new to this. Thanks.
You can touch the soil if you do it gently. If you PUSH the pointer against the soil with a lot of pressure you very well could cause it to false.

too_pointer

I read that in other posts. Strange the battery type would do that, but I will change it. Do you remember the brand you switched to? I currently have a Duracell in there. Thanks.
I don't remember what battery caused me problems, but remember went to a "cheaper " battery, and all was fine. The batteries last a long time, like all season, you just don't know how long batteries sit around till they are sold and used ? The rust halo is a real thing, try another battery and bury a coin, and see what happens ? I never use vibrate mode, so no use in that ? Let us know if you get it fixed, might be useful info for the next person who might have problems. :cool: I think maybe I got a 9v. Sunbeam battery, but not sure, been many years. Maybe it was Sony ?
too_

Last edited:
I don't remember what battery caused me problems, but remember went to a "cheaper " battery, and all was fine. The batteries last a long time, like all season, you just don't know how long batteries sit around till they are sold and used ? The rust halo is a real thing, try another battery and bury a coin, and see what happens ? I never use vibrate mode, so no use in that ? Let us know if you get it fixed, might be useful info for the next person who might have problems. :cool: I think maybe I got a 9v. Sunbeam battery, but not sure, been many years. Maybe it was Sony ?
too_
Thanks.

mtbricky

If you are using the Garret carrot you have to adjust the sensitivity. It has three settings - you want it on the lowest or it will go off when it is too far from the target. You can have it on vibrate on as well as any of the sensitivity modes - I recommend you use it.

too_pointer

Never used a pinpointer before, and on my first try had issues. Probably user error. I have it set on vibrate, and when I poke around dirt mounds it is constantly going off with no coins/etc. to be found. Any similar issues? Thanks.
I ran across my brother-in-law when he first tried using his pinpointer, and had lots if issues, till I noticed his wedding ring was setting it off ??? Just a thought ? :eek::LOL:
too_