Infinium's Maiden Voyage

Hi Everyone, I decided to take the Infinium PI out for it's first hunt. I am on a whole new ballfield with this instrument. I went out to an old farmfield for about 2 hours this morning. This field used to be in our family but was sold recently. I still have access to it and so I went to a staging area in the middle of this field used for parking tractors. I moved out from this area slowly with the Infinium and shortly got a Hi Lo tone and turned out to be a rusty bolt and nut. Next was a Hi Lo tone again and was a chunk of aluminum. After a few more Hi Lo tones I moved further into the field. I got a very strong Hi Lo and went ahead and dug it. It turned out to be a 1943S silver war nickel!!! So now I know there is a chance there is more. I moved on and now I have a Lo Hi tone and was a small phillips screwdriver. Then another Lo Hi tone and dug up a meterface off of a pressure guage. But anyway y'all get the idea. None of these targets were more than 6" deep. As for the Infinium? I like it! I am going to go back to some old hunting grounds and see what I may have missed. I will be testing the Infinium and see if it can get down deep to some old relics or coins maybe. So with practice this machine could be a standard setup in anyones aresonal. Ok thanks for reading this guys and God Bless for now.

John Tomlinson,CET P=VI
John's Detectors
Team Nuggetfinder
Blackwell,Tx.
Best Little Detector Shop in Texas!
:multi::rocketwho

Infinium frequency balance technique.

John,

Great to see you had a good outing. I invite you to join the Infinium website at the link below if you have not already. It has great info and posts. Your relic hunting would be of great interest to some on this site.

Garrett Infinium Prospector Network :: Index

I found a trick while hunting the black sand beaches of Maine I call the Black Davy frequency balance. I have posted it on the P2P forum.

This works well when the unit is a little noisy but it is not needed all the time.

Frequency Balance Techniques

After you have ground banaced the unit. With all knobs in the minimum or Zero position’s and the unit ground balanced we can now balance the frequencies. The Infinium has 32 frequencies; each number will reduce the operating frequencies by approximately 3. Turn the Threshold knob to the Freq. Adjust position, you will notice the threshold will increase then drop when you are in the frequency adjust mode. Now turn the Discrimination knob all the way to the Iron Check position, once there turn the knob all the way back to Zero. The final adjustment is to turn the Threshold knob back all the way to the MIN. position, you will again here a increase in the threshold, when the knob is all the way back as far as it can go the MIN. position the threshold will disappear and go completely quite. The frequencies are now adjusted.

Thank you for the invite Davy but I already am a member. I go by Wirechief. I am going to be doing some things to the Infinium to make it a more stable platform for using it in the field. Ok Davy I appreciate ya and I will look for you on the Infinium forum. God Bless.

John Tomlinson,CET P=VI
John's Detectors
Team Nuggetfinder
Blackwell,Tx.
Best Little Detector Shop in Texas!
:multi::rocketwho

Ah yes Wirechief! When I purchased mine in early 2006 from a dealer I was told it was demo model but must have missed being told that is was a new 2003 model. With that being said it does not have the mods that newer models have that make the unit run smoother with the mono coils. I spoke to Sue at Garrett and It will be upgraded to the proper specs.