NEW ACE APEX

nissn1

Hi there, i am really liking this new garrett ace apex, garrett have really gone to town on this one! It has some great features including adjustable frequency all the way from 5-20khz :p so this one really can be used anywhere including the salt water. This one is a goodie , i think it will be a great choice over the at max and pro. Too many great features to ignore, think i may have to start saving and no i don't work for garrett or any of their retailers! The gold rush is on again here in oz in ernest, many new nuggets being found so i may have to get myself one of these real soon, cheers and beers from ozz (y)

Attachments

nissn1

It's interesting that i have only seen a couple of these for sale in the u.s. from a couple of ebayers, both sold fairly quickly, and nothing anywhere else ? I would have thought these would be sold everywhere in the retail now that they are out, i don't think they are available in Australia, perhaps these will only be sold through retail stores and not on ebay as was the case with the AtMax here in Australia ?

nissn1

That seems like a reasonable price compared to the ridiculous price a seller is asking in Australia!
"and I wasn't all that crazy about the tones. This is coming from a Garrett guy" thats interesting, will have to keep an ear open as i was thinking of adding one to my AT collection :unsure:

too_pointer

That seems like a reasonable price compared to the ridiculous price a seller is asking in Australia!
"and I wasn't all that crazy about the tones. This is coming from a Garrett guy" that's interesting, will have to keep an ear open as i was thinking of adding one to my AT collection :unsure:
The places I see in the U.S. say limited quantities, or back order. Might be a hard find ? try Kellyco
https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/garrett-apex-metal-detector

Last edited:

Old1948guy

Has the look and features of what could be a really nice detector. That said, I've watched a few videos of the Ace Apex and it seemed as if the numbers were very jumpy and I wasn't all that crazy about the tones. This is coming from a Garrett guy.
Garrett fan here too , I had an Apex for one week sold it to a friend for what I paid. Tested it side by side with my ace 400 with a sniper coil on. It the Apex, hit a few deeper targets but in trashy “B”ball court type areas the 400 won probably because of the coil but for the places I swing now I’ll just use the old aces I’m used to. It actually seemed very well balanced and lighter to me and a friend who is also a Garrett fan. We both prefer US products ,but we also both agreed that the simplex he bought to try out last year( and used that week along with me) was at least every bit as good just not made in the USA unfortunately.

nissn1

That's interesting old1948guy, did you get to try the apex at the beach ,i still do a bit of work around the beaches so i would be interested to know how the salt water affects it. Yes i am garrett to the bone, bought my first one in about 1980, and not about to change now either (y)

Unfortunately Kellyco stopped shipping garrett detectors to australia some years ago, so you need a third party that will ship it for you if buying from them

Last edited:

nissn1

Hi there, well been awhile, finally bought an apex, seems the timing couldn't be better because there is an update for the apex that's easy enough, you can do it yourself. Just go to Garrett website and download the Apex update , i did have a little trouble getting the computer to recognize the apex but after swapping some charging cables it worked. There have been others with the same issue , so don't be worried if it doesn't work first time around, or if the detector freezes during the download as mine did :oops: seems to be more related to the type of plug even though i did use a Garrett cable that came with the unit! Very happy with the unit, the update fixes a few glitches and also some useful improvements! You will know if the update was successful as the moment you turn it on the screen backlight will come on if you make any adjustments from the MENU (y) Mine also came without the top locking stem pin ,see how long that takes to get here, but i did have a spare though luckily ;) Apart from that very happy with the Apex (y)

Attachments

Last edited:

nissn1

Apex Software Update 1.28.1

This release brings your Apex up to date with all improvements made since its introduction. Some of these enhancements include:

• Improved overall stability
  • Faster and more accurate ground balance in saltwater
  • More accurate pinpointing
  • More distinctive tones to better differentiate good targets from iron
  • Backlight powers on temporarily while making Menu changes

and of course i still have the AT max and AT gold , not forgetting my ADS deepseeker ,which i added a z-lynk headphone set ,still works great on dry sandy beaches!

Last edited: