Newb from E, TN

Hello all, glad to be part of this group. I've only been detecting since March 2021. I've got a Fisher F4 which I have figured out well. It finds lots of stuff, and is easy to use. I'm sure in the future I will upgrade, but for now it's great.
I don't have any friends or buddies to go detecting with yet. I'm just now starting to look for a club in the tri cites area. So far I just work on my property. There used to be a small store and gas station here in the 60's. I find a lot of automotive stuff. So far only 1 us 1974 Dime has been found, but since I now have a total understanding of the discrimination settings I'm hoping to find more.. I have lots of old oil can tops, and of course pull tabs. It's all good. I'm digging being a Detectorist.
Cheers

Last edited:

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
Administrator-Site Founder
Chomping at the Bit to go out, but the heat is crazy.
Can anybody recommend a harness to help with arm fatigue? I've seen all kinds, but not sure which one will work for me.
Welcome to TQ, the greatest site on the web. Some have attached the strap you would use with a weedeater. Most arm fatigue is caused by swinging too fast. Swinging too wide. Length adjustment not correct for the operators height.

draaiorgel

Welcome to our detecting family.
It's a nice friendly site we have here.
I'm pretty sure I'm the only foreigner here, and I have been here for quite a few years.
However I'm looking forward to seeing your progress as you get used to your machine.

Fisher is a great manufacturer and make superb machines.
7_16_21.gif
7_16_21.gif
7_16_21.gif
7_16_21.gif

bagpiper.gif
bagpiper.gif

Havig

KRose

Welcome to our detecting family.
It's a nice friendly site we have here.
I'm pretty sure I'm the only foreigner here, and I have been here for quite a few years.
However I'm looking forward to seeing your progress as you get used to your machine.

Fisher is a great manufacturer and make superb machines.
View attachment 105211 View attachment 105211 View attachment 105211 View attachment 105211
View attachment 105212 View attachment 105212

Havig
I'll have to stop and correct you here, Ian. You are not a foreigner here, but family from across the pond.

wjm4161

Hello all, glad to be part of this group. I've only been detecting since March 2021. I've got a Fisher F4 which I have figured out well. It finds lots of stuff, and is easy to use. I'm sure in the future I will upgrade, but for now it's great.
I don't have any friends or buddies to go detecting with yet. I'm just now starting to look for a club in the tri cites area. So far I just work on my property. There used to be a small store and gas station here in the 60's. I find a lot of automotive stuff. So far only 1 us 1974 Dime has been found, but since I now have a total understanding of the discrimination settings I'm hoping to find more.. I have lots of old oil can tops, and of course pull tabs. It's all good. I'm digging being a Detectorist.
Cheers
Just in case you need some coils I have two pristine coils for the f-4 ,have a a shooter 4" coil and a 10" deep coil they are the screw on type.The 4" coil goes for $30 and 10" for $ 32..Thanks wjm4161
P3110001.JPG
P3110003.JPG
P3110004.JPG