RING ID HELP NEEDED

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
IMG_1152.JPG
At our latest hunt I dug this small thin sterling silver ring. The inside of the ring is inscribed with the following: P11 S 925 ALE 48 Other than the 925 I have no idea what the additional letters and numbers mean. Possibly the ALE are the owner's initials and the 48 the year it was manufactured? The "S" could mean sterling? The P11 the design number? Any ideas on this one would be helpful.

mtbricky

ALE is a pandora ring. They are not old but very popular with young people, The other letters/numbers indicate style, size and/or material. I have a half dozen I have found in the last few years - some silver some gold plated. Always nice looking rings but overpriced and pretty much worthless on the secondary market.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
ALE is a pandora ring. They are not old but very popular with young people, The other letters/numbers indicate style, size and/or material. I have a half dozen I have found in the last few years - some silver some gold plated. Always nice looking rings but overpriced and pretty much worthless on the secondary market.
Thanks bricky. I found out on another forum facts about the ring. ALE is the initials of the company's founder who was from Denamrk. The P11 means that the ring was made in the company's #11 plant. The "S" is a mark that is now added to the .925 mark and of course stands for "sterling". The 48 is the size of the ring in European numbers, size 4 and a half in the US. Just like tiffany sterling, they are way overpriced and I'm sure they'd be hard to sell. I saw a brand new one exactly like mine on Amazon with an asking price of $49.95 and a slightly used one on EBay for $34.00......a rather high price considering that my ring and others identical to it contain a WHOPPING 93 cents worth of silver.