Safari help...

schoser

Hello fellow hunters, i have a question for those that own the Minelab Safari. It seems to be a good machine, but how do you get it to stop with all the noise, even after you hit the noise cansel button? Is there something i'm missing, or not doing right? How would you rate the machine's effectiveness? Thanks!:spin:

schoser

Yep, i noticed that...hopefully she can give some good guidance. It's my roomate's machine, and he wont use it! My Ace is in his truck, and the Safari is here at the house as a backup...he said i can use it, lol. He went to Mt. Lemmon today, but i had to stay for a traffic ticket court date. But i feel it is a good machine that can find the deep stuff...i need to figger this thing out. It is differant than the Ace ,for sure...more complicated, bigger learning curve . I'd like to know how to pinpoint with it, and any other nuisances...i mean nuances.:lol:

EBCIII

Yea I have read they are a deep hitter. I do know you have to move slow with them. The FBS hitting the ground takes a bit longer to return.

You can go to You Tube and I bet they have some vids on it, Beale.

Buster

King of Spam
Staff member
Cory, that is a good machine from what I saw of it up in Pa...Sue Ellen was finding all kinds of stuff..I would PM her..She would know..Chuck.....:grin:

MQ71

safari

One way to quiet the safari down is to set the sensitivity on auto. It may already be set there, but if not, give auto a try. To change - Go to sensitivity, move it all the way up to the right, past 20. Then noise cancel again. This will make it run quietly in most places. This is a good place to start. After you get used to the sounds, you can play with manual sensitivity to maximize depth.

Another thing is to notch out -10 and +40. If you have mineralized soil, the -10 sound will drive you crazy.

Hope this helps!

schoser

One way to quiet the safari down is to set the sensitivity on auto. It may already be set there, but if not, give auto a try. To change - Go to sensitivity, move it all the way up to the right, past 20. Then noise cancel again. This will make it run quietly in most places. This is a good place to start. After you get used to the sounds, you can play with manual sensitivity to maximize depth.

Another thing is to notch out -10 and +40. If you have mineralized soil, the -10 sound will drive you crazy.

Hope this helps!
Thank you sir...i will give that a try today. I know this machine is a good one, and am not giving up on it.:icon_wink