The Old Housing Project

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
IMG_1131.JPG
This past Saturday I hunted a housing project we lived in before my folks bought their own home. The housing project opened in 1951. I've hunted there a number of times in the 80's and 90's and have come away with some silver coins so I decided to give it another try. Results this time were not very good, coming away with only $1.17 in clad, some toys and a few pieces of scrap metal to throw in my scrap metal pile.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Maybe not monetarily valuable but interesting finds. I kind of like getting different things, it’s all part of history in one way or another.
I researched the toys and they're all from the 1970's. I have no idea what the brass item is. At first glance I thought it was a hose nozzle but that's not what it is.

Last edited:

DigsNW

I thought it may be the inside part of a spray nozzle? Obviously to me something screws into it but not positive and that would disperse liquid coming out the side holes in a pattern. Just my uneducated guess. Maybe for gas like propane?

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
I thought it may be the inside part of a spray nozzle? Obviously to me something screws into it but not positive and that would disperse liquid coming out the side holes in a pattern. Just my uneducated guess. Maybe for gas like propane?
The large round end looks very much like a hose nozzle but the other end is closed. Also, next to the large round end is a nut that would be turned with a wrench.