DigsNW Surgery updates

draaiorgel

I am delighted to know my dear friend is doing very well.
My prayers are still going up for him.
Gaun yersel Dave, your well on your way to hunting again when you feel like it.
Unfortunately I won't be able to welcome him back as we go on holiday Sunday coming.

But will lookout for him when we get back.
Ian & Eileen.

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
Administrator
Update on Dave. He is doing well, off oxygen now and walking some and sitting in a chair. Andi asked me to post for her. He sounds like he is doing great. Prayers still sent.
Thank you Buster. For some reason I am not able to access TQ from my phone

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
Administrator
New update:
Mr. DigsNW walked about 75 feet 2x today , has less pain , and got a drainage tube out of his chest so he can breathe easier . He did have some arrhythmia last night, so that is being monitored.

DigsNW

I came home yesterday friends. I’m doing well, very little pain and ready for a two month full recovery. I breezed through surgery they said and all is well now. I have to move a lot different than am used to so I can protect my sternum from being opened again.
I’m on the mend though. Thanks mods for updating. I do appreciate it.
I hope none of you have to have an open heart surgery. First two days had to be the most pain I’ve experienced. Now coughing which I do a lot of, sneezing and hic-ups are my enemies.

When I had my open heart surgery, I sure didn't get to go home that quick ! Good for you. I had to cough in a plastic tube thing every hour for days to get rid of the crap they used to knock me out ! Sure sounds that you did well, happy for you !

DigsNW

I am getting stronger daily. I have my full appetite back and am doing lots of walking as I’m supposed to and trying to do most of my cooking within my weight restrictions and movements I can do. My daughter and 10 year old granddaughter moved in with me to help until I don’t need it.
I am walking about 100 Yards (300 meters Ian) a day on my long walk which increases every day. I am taking several smaller walks during the day too. I feel great just have to strengthen the heart and sternum.

I am getting stronger daily. I have my full appetite back and am doing lots of walking as I’m supposed to and trying to do most of my cooking within my weight restrictions and movements I can do. My daughter and 10 year old granddaughter moved in with me to help until I don’t need it.
I am walking about 100 Yards (300 meters Ian) a day on my long walk which increases every day. I am taking several smaller walks during the day too. I feel great just have to strengthen the heart and sternum.
Dave, it's really great to know that you are on the mend and walking around. As for sneezing being an enemy.....stay away from the "Pepper" shakers if you can. Pun intended. :)