First gold of the season

mtbricky

Picked up a gold ring and one of those cool multi-tools from cabellas from the beach today. Ring is a bit odd. It passes the eye test but it is not marked. The acid test is inconclusive - the line partially survives the 10K acid. Also the specific gravity comes up 10.2 which is normally too low for gold. I believe it is low carat - maybe 8K - from Mexico. Only 1.5 grams but I am counting it as gold so I don't get shut out again this season! :LOL:

Attachments

draaiorgel

It's good to know your still getting out bricky.
At least when your out you've got chances of getting the good stuff.
But, stuck at home you've got no chances.
A handful of clad, a multi tool, a wee fat goldfish not fat enough for the plate.
But the star prize for today a low quality gold ring.
Still a gold ring can brighten anyones day irrespective of the carat amount.

Well done bricky.
191.gif
191.gif
191.gif
191.gif
191.gif

7_16_21.gif
7_16_21.gif
7_16_21.gif
7_16_21.gif

175.gif
175.gif

mtbricky

It's good to know your still getting out bricky.
At least when your out you've got chances of getting the good stuff.
But, stuck at home you've got no chances.
A handful of clad, a multi tool, a wee fat goldfish not fat enough for the plate.
But the star prize for today a low quality gold ring.
Still a gold ring can brighten anyones day irrespective of the carat amount.

Well done bricky.
View attachment 106033 View attachment 106033 View attachment 106033 View attachment 106033 View attachment 106033
View attachment 106031 View attachment 106031 View attachment 106031 View attachment 106031
View attachment 106032 View attachment 106032
It's a blessing to be able to get out still at 70. Thank you for saying irrespective instead of irregardless. :LOL:

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Picked up a gold ring and one of those cool multi-tools from cabellas from the beach today. Ring is a bit odd. It passes the eye test but it is not marked. The acid test is inconclusive - the line partially survives the 10K acid. Also the specific gravity comes up 10.2 which is normally too low for gold. I believe it is low carat - maybe 8K - from Mexico. Only 1.5 grams but I am counting it as gold so I don't get shut out again this season! :LOL:
Congrats on the ring. It has a coppery look to it in the picture, but low carat gold looks coppery because there's a lot of copper in it.